Hello: KTM owner in the US

NoDTMF

Just Joined
Mar 18, 2015
Oh hi,

I already posted in Technical forum and forgot to say hi. I guess I am one of the few KTM bike owners in the US. They were brought over as demo bikes: Macina Action Plus 27.5 and a Cross 10 plus step through.

My bike had 250 miles at purchase now over 600. I have done two rides with about 1000 meter elevation gains on trails. Average grade was 16% over 6km. I have the Bosch Gen 2 Active line...but after those rides I think I would like the Performance line. I do use the bike for commuting and for that the Active line is good.

Here is posting of my first big ride. intereting website if you move the mouse over the graphs it hilite the location on the map.
https://www.gaiagps.com/datasummary/track/39c323eba8d7905541eed9d523f17173/

I hope to understand the Bosch system better by reading the forums here, and also catch the occasional posting about KTM bikes since the US forums don't have much (yet?)

Cheer!

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Welcome. :)

The performance line motor undeniably gives stronger hill climbing ability over that of the Gen 2 Active Line, but it does come at the cost of battery life. I have both versions, and the Active Line seems to go on forever when compared like for like.