Hello. New to ebikes.

gazman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 5, 2017
liverpool
Hi just bought a pair of new ebikes. A whyte coniston e7 for the wife and a specialized levo fattie 6 comp for me.
I've been a keen cyclist for 20+ yrs regularly doing 5k plus a yr on normal bikes and comuting to my work 25 miles away.
Fast forward to July 2015 and I had a accident and dislocated my left knee, my roght ine has already had surgery from anothe accident and as a result all cycling has died a death in any major form since.
Anyway the wife decided she wanted a ebike so she could keep up with me and the kids on family rides so we went to get her one.
Long story short I test rode hers and was blown away, as much as I wanted to hate it I couldnt, the guy in the shop said if your impressed with that try this, and handed me a levo. He nearly had to use a crow bar to prise me off it, I could ride again without any discomfort!!
My wife being a star then says well it's your birthday soon and it's lovely to see you enjoying your cycling again. Get it on the 3 yr never never!
Well I picked it up yesterday and I've already used the 1st charge.

I was dead against ebikes and vowed only to get one when I was older. I'm now a convert, I just need to stop my mates calling me for buying it!

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
There's still some hostility from traditional cyclists towards ebikes.

Mostly borne out of prejudice and ignorance, those that dislike them have rarely tried a modern one.

I also don't get their problem because it's not like passive smoking - if you ride an ebike it doesn't have any adverse impact on anyone else.

Cycling is all about freedom and is a broad church - or it should be.

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Hello Gaz :)

I had two die hard work colleagues have a go on mine last week. The smiles when they got back said it all and they've made the step-change to now understanding what it's all about.

It's my day off today, washing done, shopping done, cuppa tea nearly drunk. Thought about washing my car, but it's too nice so I'm off out on the bike for a few hours :cool::D

Gaz

• Agree
Reactions: gazman

gazman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 5, 2017
liverpool
Hello Gaz :)

I had two die hard work colleagues have a go on mine last week. The smiles when they got back said it all and they've made the step-change to now understanding what it's all about.

It's my day off today, washing done, shopping done, cuppa tea nearly drunk. Thought about washing my car, but it's too nice so I'm off out on the bike for a few hours :cool::D

Gaz
ha, my best mate a die hard cyclist who hates the thought of a ebike had a go up a rocky climb we have never once cleared on a normal. Al bike after I rode up it twice without dabbing.
I think he is converted!! Poor bugger spent 4k on a normal bike so can't get one straight away anyway!
I think the ride back in a headwind having to get in my draft was the final straw!

Reactions: Gaz