Hello Pedelec community a future E-bike rental place would like your input.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Have a think about return on capital.

The small premium you can charge for an ebike over a push bike may not cover the extra purchase and maintenance costs.

Your scheme could still work, but margins will be very tight.

• Agree
Reactions: Sol P

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
you can increase your income by partnering with Woosh. They have a scheme whereby you get paid a commission about £30 each time one of your hirers buys a bike. Woosh will also advertise your bike hire on their website and send people who want to try their bikes to hire bikes from you.

Reactions: Izzyekerslike

Zac Sellers

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 12, 2016
North East Coast
you can increase your income by partnering with Woosh. They have a scheme whereby you get paid a commission about £30 each time one of your hirers buys a bike. Woosh will also advertise your bike hire on their website and send people who want to try their bikes to hire bikes from you.
Thank you trek I spoke to Hatti at woosh and she explained that they did this. I am in the process of talking to a few manufacturers and sorting out which offers the best deals, has the best bikes and support package. Wooshg is in my shortlist at the moment.

Zac Sellers

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 12, 2016
North East Coast
Have a think about return on capital.

The small premium you can charge for an ebike over a push bike may not cover the extra purchase and maintenance costs.

Your scheme could still work, but margins will be very tight.

Thanks RobF i completely agree with you and will be renting both types out. have a few campsites on board where i will be doing a drop off and collect service which i am hoping will help also.

Reactions: chris_n

BigG

Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2016
Co Durham
Found the Pedelec community through web browsing and thought i may be able to get help with a intended future business venture

I live on the North East Coast and wish to set up an Electric Bike Tour/Rental company for Spring 2017.
Would love to get involved in the Pedelec community , talk to people that know their stuff, learn tips and maintenance skills and maybe avoid some pitfalls for this new startup.

I am interested in the learning the following information so i can further this project along.

Which bikes are suitable for everyday hire, I am think of purchasing 10-12 bikes to start with and would like to hear from retailers of good reliable sturdy bikes and what they could offer me. Prices Availability of spares etc.
Things i need to learn about and consider
What sort of bike guarantee will i be able to get for commercial use.
Which motors type and brand i should be considering.
Which are the best batteries brands and how many charges can i expect to get before i need to purchase another battery.
Is it best to purchase these in the Uk or in bulk from China.
Can the batteries be repaired (eg damaged cells replaced easily. )
What insurance will i need for a commercial E-bike venture , public liability or can this be covered with a disclaimer ?
I also probably at some point need some advice with Rental agreement forms, etc.

Thanks in Advance

Zac
Hi I was up at Derwent Reservoir to try out my new e-bike and saw there's a place which hires e-bikes in Edmundbyers. They might be willing to give you some helpful advice.

Zack @ Byocycles

Official Trade Member
Nov 17, 2015
Havant
www.byocycles.co.uk
Hey Zac,

I'm Zack from Byocycles, I have a few things that may be of interest to you, could you send me a message with your phone number and a convenient time to call? Or alternatively give me a call between 9am and 5pm on 02392 488 362. Would love to get involved in a project like this.

Kind regards,

Zack
Zackpollard@byocycles.com