Hello - proud new electric bike owner!

Steamairy

Just Joined
Apr 22, 2011
Hi all - after much deliberating and reading the very helpful advice on this forum, we have just ordered two new Freego Hawk electric bikes from a dealer in Southampton. :D

These are the latest models - similar spec to the old Kingfisher. we have also chosen the larger 16amp batteries. We are motorhomers and plan to put them on the back and use them on our travels.

The next thing we need to buy are suitable locks. What do you all suggest?.............and is there much history of bikes like this being stolen?

Hoping someone can advise...................it's all new to us!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Welcome to the forum Steamairy, best wishes for years of e-biking. Theft of e-bikes is certainly known and adequate locking is really essential. I'm not an expert on the current lock choices, so it would be a good idea for you to post the lock query in the main Electric Bicycles forum where everyone will see it and you'll get more responses.

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
[QUOTE We are motorhomers and plan to put them on the back and use them on our travels.[/QUOTE]

I'm a motorhome owner too and my bike is way too heavy for my rack at the back. Fortunately, it fits easily inside the garage at the back end and that allows me to carry regular bikes on the rack.

Have you checked weight and wheelbase dimensions if you intend to mount the bikes on a conventional bike rack?

Anyway, welcome to the forum and congratulations on joining the ebike brigade. Should you need any help or advice, there are many on here who can provide that.

Regards,
Indalo

Steamairy

Just Joined
Apr 22, 2011
Thanks for your welcomes Indalo and flecc. I'll put my query as suggested on the main forum.

Yes Indalo, we have checked and the bikes do fit on our rack and with the batteries removed and within the weight allowance with some to spare.

Steamairy