hello to you all

sammy G

Just Joined
Jul 31, 2015
My names Sammy im new to the site and to the world of electric bikes so go easy on me, im a 58 year old lorry driver from stoke, staffs in need of exercise used to do a lot of cycling in the past but hoping this will start me on the road to fitness again without to much pain,

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Welcome Sammy, you are not far from me. Have got one or still perusing?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Welcome to the forum Sammy, just ask any questions you have and browse the existing posts in the Electric Bikes section to see a wide range of previous questions and answers.

sammy G

Just Joined
Jul 31, 2015
Welcome to the forum Sammy, just ask any questions you have and browse the existing posts in the Electric Bikes section to see a wide range of previous questions and answers.
thanks for the replys I have bought two izips to start us off second hand, seem ok but one has a shot bottom bracket, dam, tried to get a replacement but no one seems to have one, its 140mm long with a shell size of 80mm, I was hoping to get the casette type but really struggling with both, they are izip skylines, don't know if anyone on here would know where I could get one, thank for the great welcome guys, sammy

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
This US company has a huge range of Skyline parts, though the BB not in the list. If completely stuck here they may be able to help if you use the Contact Us link.

Meanwhile, if no response in this thread, enter a new thread in the Electric Bikes forum titled something like "Bottom Bracket recommendation needed".

sammy G

Just Joined
Jul 31, 2015
Thanks fleck, have seen that company while trawling and I will drop them a mail and see what happens, thanks again!

sammy G

Just Joined
Jul 31, 2015
Managed to sort a repair to the bottom bracket by removing the bearing cages and just fitting the balls on their own with plenty of grease , bottom bracket running smooth as silk now, it was the cages catching on the races due to a bit of wear on the bb spindle, had to use 3 bearings to make up the 11 balls in each cup, fingers crossed now eh, Thanks to all who replied, Sammy