Hello

albanydene

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 19, 2012
We are first time e-bike users. Just collected two Kudos bikes yesterday. My wife has not cycled in over a year so this is ideal for her, I cycle to work every day but my knees are not so good so this helps me. We are looking forward to many trips out and saving on fuel costs.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Welcome to the forum both of you, we'll look forward to your experiences of e-biking in future.

BrianSmithers

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2011
DA1
Have fun with the Kudos bikes - what models did you get?

I've almost had mine for a year - mostly using it to commute 5 miles each way to work. The only real problem has been the chain guard falling off a few times when going over bumps. Duct tape fixed that rather than the bother of a long journey back to Kudos HQ.

Have they fixed the speedo reading in kilometers per hour? - If not there is a cure in the forum archives.

Brian
Kudos Tourer - Nexus 8

albanydene

Jun 19, 2012
We have the Eco and Tourer Nexus 8. So far very pleased with them. The gears seem to slip on the Tourer but that could be me getting used to them, if I can't get on with it then I will go back and ask them (Kudos) to check it out.

The display is in mph, but I would like to know how to set the mileage back to zero. Again this is something that I will ask them how, but do like to try and find things out for myself.

How did you get on with the saddle? I may change mine as I find it uncomfortable, but could just need a little adjusting.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
The display is in mph, but I would like to know how to set the mileage back to zero. Again this is something that I will ask them how, but do like to try and find things out for myself.

If you hold the 'down' button on the control panel for a few seconds seconds it will re-set the trip, timer and maximum speed all back to zero. It will leave the odometer reading your total mileage.

albanydene

Jun 19, 2012
Thank you Jim. Can the odometer with the total mileage also be set back to zero.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
Thank you Jim. Can the odometer with the total mileage also be set back to zero.
I don't think so but why would you want to? It's like your car odometer it also doesn't reset.

BTW, congratulations on choosing the Kudos, I've got over 1000 miles on my Kudos Tourer and still loving it.

Davanti

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2012
I don't think so but why would you want to? It's like your car odometer it also doesn't reset ... I've got over 1000 miles on my Kudos Tourer and still loving it.
... and he knows that because the odometer hasn't reset! :)

BrianSmithers

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2011
DA1
My Nexus 8 gears don't slip at all. You will probably get used to not changing gear while peddling hard. You just slack off a tad as you change.

The saddle was replaced by one with gel padding as befits a middle aged backside.

- Brian

Last edited:

albanydene

Jun 19, 2012
Sad I know, but if anything can be reset, I just like to do it! I to love the Tourer, just got to get used to the gears slipping and change them more when not peddling. Once I eventualy get the chain cover off I can check the alignment.

albanydene

Jun 19, 2012
My Nexus 8 gears don't slip at all. You will probably get used to not changing gear while peddling hard. You just slack off a tad as you change.

The saddle was replaced by one with gel padding as befits a middle aged backside.

- Brian
Brian, I will try to change gear as you suggest. If it still happens I will get the cover off and adjust them (photos helped, thanks). I have adjusted the saddle and it seems ok but have not had a long ride on it yet. Ian