Hello

Korten

Just Joined
Jul 8, 2017
Shropshire
Hi from Shropshire, I've been lurking on this site for some time so thought it about time to sign up and introduce myself.
I currently have a power bike which I bought second hand ...think it was purchased new from Halfords .I had the battery fail on me not too long after buying it so decided to convert it to run on 18v Makita batteries which I use for my work (joiner).The range is not great 2no 5ah batteries run in series gives me 36v and a range of 10-12 miles with the option to carry 2 more for longer trips .
Looking to hire a trek powerfly for the day with a view to probably buying one in the near future or other dedicated e-mountain bike.
IMG_0420.JPGIMG_0422.JPG

Reactions: Gaz and Woosh

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Hi Korten, welcome.
Glad to see I'm not the only one to make a 'baby coffin' :)eek:) for my battery.
Here's my effort made for a 14Ah Insat battery.DSCF3035.JPG DSCF3037.JPG
You could get Isat to make a battery, for your bike, at reasonable cost. You'd need to contact Jimmy here:
http://www.bga-reworking.co.uk/contact/
but be warned, he's seriously enthusiastic about batteries.:D

Reactions: Gaz and Woosh

Korten

Just Joined
Jul 8, 2017
Shropshire
Hi Benjamin,thanks for the reply.
Yes it's hard to make a wooden box not look like a baby coffin ,l notice yours has some fancy joints holding it together.....very posh
I did look into having a battery made up but this setup actualy works quite well for me dispite the limited range,the Makita batteries get used pretty much every day in my power tools so regular use keeps them in better condition so I'm led to believe??

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Had some oak offcuts lying round the workshop and a finger joint jig for the router table that needed trying out.
On the batteries, yeh they're better used but do, of course, have a limited number of charges. I've had a couple of Makita batteries that suddenly will not accept a charge with no prior symptoms.