Hello

lee.pie

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2011
Hello all, i'm new here and very interested in turning my mountain bike into an e-bike.

Any ideas on good conversion kits for off road, 1000w systems i'm interested in, i have a £1000 budget?

Cheers

C

Cyclezee

Hi lee.pie,

Welcome to the forum, you have come to the very best place to get advice and recommendations.

A couple of words of caution first, I note that you are interested in a 1000w system/kit this would be illegal to use in the UK (if you are from the UK) except for off road use on private land. It would also be very power hungry and drain batteries very quickly thereby giving limited range.

Now we have got that out of the way, my completely biased suggestion would be to fit an eZee conversion kit. eZee are renowned for their high torque motors, reliability and good value for money.

Something that might be of interest to you is that they can be de-restricted for off-road use.
Cyclezee are offering special deals during the month of July to Forum Members, so send me a P.M. or contact me via my website if you are interested;)

lee.pie

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2011
Thanks for your reply John.

I did email onbike about your systems but hadn't had a reply yet. Didn't know about your site which answers all the questions i asked them. :eek:

I'm pretty heavy (19st) so i'm worried 250 or 350W wont be powerful enough to move me.

What price do you do for your rear 26" kits?

Cheers

C

Cyclezee

Hi again lee.pie,

Are you anywhere near Milton Keynes, I have a demonstrator you could try.

My prices are all on this page of my website Shop - Cyclezee Ltd
The July offer is 10% discount for payments by cheque, bank transfers and cash, but not by PayPal.

lee.pie

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2011
Thanks for your help.

I'm in South East London so not sure when i can get to Milton Keynes. But i'll put ezze on my maybe list.

Anyone else got experience with 1000W conversion kits? I've seen loads on ebay but i'm worried i might end up with rubbish. I've found an AlienOcean kit but they only do it in 700c and i need 26". Shame would have been perfect for what i want.

Cheers

C

Cyclezee

Hi again Lee,

Milton Keynes is just 35 minutes from Euston on the train, so not that far away.