Help! (again) please with my TorqII

Rad

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 16, 2008
Evenin' all. Had a puncture on the front wheel this evening. Luckily I wasn't too far from home this time. Anyway, as it was the second puncture I'd had on this tube I decided to replace rather than repair before investing in another Marathon Plus, thus necessitating removing the front wheel from the forks.

Trouble is, I made the age old mistake of allowing myself to become distracted, and couldn't remember the correct sequence of washers spacers etc and where they should be situated with regards to the forks. Right now everything is on the outside of the forks.

On the right I've got nut, washer, funny u shaped bit of metal that goes over the wire, and then the spring washer. The spring washer sits in a recess on the fork so it looks correct to me. Also the cutaway on the axle where the wire enters it is facing towards the back of the bike.

On the left I've the nut, washer, spring washer. Again, all on the outside of the forks.

I've tried looking at Flecc's site, and in the TorqII manual but couldn't find what I was after.

Being a gung ho sort I've already given it a test and thankfully the bloody thing still works, but I would really appreciate confirmation that I've either put everything back the right way, or am, indeed, a total pillock! :(

Feel free to point and laugh now.

Rad

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 16, 2008
Just wanted to say I also contacted Phil at Onbike about this.
He actually e-mailed me back at 11pm last night and has been helping me out throughout today.

That's outstanding customer support and I wanted to thank him publicly for it. Especially in light of recent criticism directed at this forum and some of the bike companies that frequent it.

The guys at Onbike, David at Wisper, and Frank Curran at powerbyke all bend over backwards to help us stay on the road. Thanks a lot people! :)