HELP! I would like a folding e-bike that is light for a heavy user!

Malcolm56

Just Joined
May 29, 2018
I have been looking for over a week now - the closest I got was the Wisper Torque 806, but its weight put me off.

1. I live in a block of flats - so the bike would most often live in the boot of my car - hence folding.
2. Sometimes I would need to take it out the car - getting it up 3 flights of stairs - so need bike to be fairly light (Torque is listed as 23kg which seems a bit too much)
3. I am a bit big - so need the bike to take a rider + photo equipment - total weight allowed on bike of 120kg would be enough.
4. I am also retired so need something with good power and ideally a good distance.

Can anyone tell me of a suitable bike - I am looking to buy asap if it is right.

THANK YOU!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Wisper T is designed for heavy user in mind so weight is a downside for strong component parts.
Similar weight to Woosh or Juicy folder.

Gocycle from £2499 16.5kg 100kg weight max listed.

19 - 23kg is about as light as they come except for the odd exception as above or E-Brompton.

Malcolm56

Just Joined
May 29, 2018
Wisper T is designed for heavy user in mind so weight is a downside for strong component parts.
Similar weight to Woosh or Juicy folder.

Gocycle from £2499 16.5kg 100kg weight max listed.

19 - 23kg is about as light as they come except for the odd exception as above or E-Brompton.
Thanks Nealh - I looked at the gocycle - it looks really good, but just won't accept my weight :-{

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Malcolm, we will be bringing out a lighter weight folding bike later in the year, however I would suggest that our 806Torque would be a better choice for you with all your camera equipment, it is a solid bike with a choice of three long range batteries, our latest being 700Wh. You can take the battery out of the bike when you need to take the bike up to the flat. Without the battery the bike weighs just over 19kg.

Alternatively use the walk along mode when I am taking a bike up flights of stairs, it takes a little practice but takes the weight out of the bike.

All the best, David

Malcolm56

Just Joined
May 29, 2018
Hi Malcolm, we will be bringing out a lighter weight folding bike later in the year, however I would suggest that our 806Torque would be a better choice for you with all your camera equipment, it is a solid bike with a choice of three long range batteries, our latest being 700Wh. You can take the battery out of the bike when you need to take the bike up to the flat. Without the battery the bike weighs just over 19kg.

Alternatively use the walk along mode when I am taking a bike up flights of stairs, it takes a little practice but takes the weight out of the bike.

All the best, David
Thank you David - the 806 does look superb. I am new to this - I haven't ridden a bike in over forty years. I hope this is not a silly question, but can the bike be laid down 'flat' in the boot of a car. If standing up it would be visible and a tempting target as I would be leaving it often overnight in the car - 'lying down' it would be out of view.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Malcolm, thanks, it is a hugely popular bike, we have been short of them all year.

You can lay the bike flat in the boot of the car, just be a little careful of the derailleur hanger.

All the best, David

Malcolm56

Just Joined
May 29, 2018
Hi Malcolm, thanks, it is a hugely popular bike, we have been short of them all year.

You can lay the bike flat in the boot of the car, just be a little careful of the derailleur hanger.

All the best, David
Cheers David

I have bought the 575wh version : - )