Help me buy an ebike

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I don't do sweaty or eco - my bike is specifically set up so I arrive at work unstunk and full of beans.
Don't you just use work as an excuse? I have a funny feeling this 69km trip was not a commute. It was a leisure trip, wasn't it? For sure you can sweat a bit on a trip like that and then take a shower when back at home.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Don't you just use work as an excuse? I have a funny feeling this 69km trip was not a commute. It was a leisure trip, wasn't it? For sure you can sweat a bit on a trip like that and then take a shower when back at home.
Nope, it was a photo shoot of a very nice newly constructed interior for a client - I was carrying a DSLR, two tripods, camera rails, lenses, a laptop for fine remote control of Canon camera, LED light panels, batteries and other stuff. It ran very late for the night time shots, no buses and trains, didn't want to pay for 69km of taxi. But it was a fun bike ride while the battery lasted. Unusually long ride - if I had to do that sort of distance often, I'd definitely get a bigger battery. The client was happy with the magazine paid article those photos featured in, and they get a quite lot of views on the net. I'm often accused of being a "top photographer" by various websites. Transfer of copyright costs extra. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Are you a photographer? I would have never guessed. You could team up with Woosh. There is a room for improvement in this department.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Are you a photographer? I would have never guessed. You could team up with Woosh. There is a room for improvement in this department.
I only take good photos when I'm paid to lol. I'm expensive. And a very irritating perfectionist when it comes to photos and video: if the people I work for don't understand why it takes me days, weeks or months to do something, before the results are seen, I ditch those people, taking my contracted non-refundable 60% deposit with me. I've been using the opportunity presented by the pandemic to reduce clients, but I'm still too busy - I turn down a lot of work, sticking to regular high paying customers I like working for. I don't have to work for anyone I don't like anymore, having been at this for a long time. No I'm not just a photographer and videographer, but I do enjoy working with imagery the most. CSR is a pisser, but if it comes to it I only need the one eye, for photography anyway, but having only one functional eye might make bike riding unviable.

Last edited:

afzal

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2023
Kerala, India
I was thinking in countries with high e-bike use like China, Vietnam, India, Philippines, Taiwan that they couldn't afford European e-bike prices, but must still be getting e-bikes that are reasonably reliable and robust
Ebike (electric bicycle) usage is very less in India, almost everyone gives me an alien look upon riding it (in a relatively well developed city in the country, counted among the second level ones, Tier-2).

I get the feeling that the UK bike is dominated by sports / leisure market compared to some other countries...
I think in lots of other countries across the world e-bikes have been a bit of a quiet revolution and used much more for utility cycling and commuting and may be the sole motorised transport for a household
Above reminded me about the analog bicycle situation here, people generally view it as either used for the purpose of sports/fitness/leisure or the poor that cannot afford other means of transport

• Informative
Reactions: Woosh