Help - My pedelec is not working

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Nice spot d3veh, it seems that the green cable was connected to VD (I wasn't able to see that with my eyes, and you spotted that from a picture? How did you do that? :)):

Should I solder? Is there any risk? Because the throttle is still working for now

D

Deleted member 4366

Just solder it back in. It should be OK. All the markings on the board have meanings: Most are component references, but those beginning with V are often for inputs or outputs.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
FIXED!!!!

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP GUYS, without you I would never have been able to fix that so quickly. Special thanks to d8veh :))

This my ugly soldering skill :)

It smelt the burnt when I was soldering, maybe soldering at 350C was too hot. But hey, I'm not yet a soldering expert ;)

D

Deleted member 4366

350 is OK. 370 would be better unless you get that useless lead-free solder, in which case you need to go up to about 450.
The burning that you smelt was the insulation on the wire melting because you left the heat on a bit too long, but at least you got a good joint. I'd wrap some tape all the way round the green wire if you can - just to be sure it can't touch anything.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Well done and well spotted d8veh!

johnc461165

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2011
WN6
Well done d8veh! good to solve any problem I know how good cwah feels. Once again well done top marks

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Everything is wrapped now d3veh. Thanks for the advice.

Hope it's not going to break again.. And the seller should be happy (he asked me to show him all the cables of the controller when... the problem was only on this little board :)

fatboytrig

Pedelecer
May 3, 2011
what a fantastic story this is! What a great support forum. This is so impressive to read.