HELP Need new 24v brushless controller

keastan

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 26, 2009
I have two folding electric bikes. Out for a ride the other week with the wife got caugh in very bad weather. The outcome not good. I have managed to dry one of them out, along with the batteries of both bikes and one is working ok. The other did not fare so good, the water got into the controller. So I now need help to find a new controller.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Are you sure it has actually failed, water doesn't usually cause permanent failure, but it can be the devil to dry out from within a controller.

The most effective method is putting the bike into a small closed room with a 1 kW fan heater on one side pointing towards it and a dehumidifier on the other side. The circulating drying air usually does the trick within half an hour, and it's often worth hiring a dehumidifier from a tool hire shop to do this.

Leesome

Feb 8, 2010
Had bicycle out during winter snow, heavy rain, slush, never yet been issue. Try drying out the unit as flecc suggested - did unit cut-out during your cycle or on return?

keastan

May 26, 2009
Hi
Thank's for your input. Have just ordered a new controller from e-crazyman. flecc before ordering gave it one more go,turn the key and the fuse in the batt. goes every time. The post on google map a great idea My first 10 years of work was in Croydon now in Kent.