Help needed assembling Sirocco CDL!

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
Hi all.

Having major issues so far with the front wheel and it appears not to be aligned. See photos...

I'm doing something wrong I know I am... I just don't know what!

Video to follow.

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
I think I need to realigned the breaks? I've never done this before as I've never had discs.

Here is what I'm working with...

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
Unfortunately the instructions I received didn't cover the front wheel as in the photos it was already assembled :(

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
It's a bit hard to see from your pictures but you look as though you have the non quick release side of the spindle wrong. That side should fit directly onto and tighten up on the drop outs. But there seems to be something else between it and the drop outs. So misaligning everything.

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
Ive just found instructions on the woosh website so am going through them now..

D

Deleted member 4366

It looks OK to me. What do you see as the problem?

It's rubbing on something, is it the mudguard or brake?

Stand the bike upright. Loosen the quick release skewer. Wiggle the wheel from side to side by grabbing the spokes near the top. Push hard down on the handlebars and tighten the skewer. It helps if you have two people.

If it still rubs on the brake, loosen the two screws that hold the caliper - the ones that point fore and aft. Hold the brake on tight. While holding, tighten the two screws.

If the mudguard is rubbing, you have to adjust or bend the stays.

D

Deleted member 4366

It's a bit hard to see from your pictures but you look as though you have the non quick release side of the spindle wrong. That side should fit directly onto and tighten up on the drop outs. But there seems to be something else between it and the drop outs. So misaligning everything.
Correct. The silvery bit should be against the lever.

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
Right. correctly fitted. adjusted the brakes and its now working... but, I'm having issues getting the handle bars on and tight!

D

Deleted member 4366

There's two tension adjuster screws IIRC. I think I had to tighten the one at the bottom.

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
Thanks for the link, but its not the adjustable handlebar mechanism that isnt tight, its the actual rotation of it, it is easily moved left to right if you hold onto the wheel even just a tad :(:confused:

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
It is as tight as my hands will allow with the supplied allen key, but quite loose

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
*but the handle bars are still quite loose

(as in left to right, not up and down or forwards/backwards)

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Post a pic or two of area under the adjusting lever.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Thanks for the link, but its not the adjustable handlebar mechanism that isnt tight, its the actual rotation of it, it is easily moved left to right if you hold onto the wheel even just a tad :(:confused:
the stem is held inside the steerer tube with an expander wedge.
The bolt that tightens the wedge is accessed from the top.
1. lift up the lever to reveal the hole
2. use a 6mm allen key to tighten the wedge
3. Use a pair of pliers to help you tighten it really well.
4. Adjust the arm read and position of brake handles
5. lock the lever down

Reactions: crE

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
Wow that worked a treat trex!!

Thank you. Nice and tight now. I was scared to over do it. Thank you all so much for your help... sadly I have a couple more issues/questions... :eek:

I adjusted the breaks via the caliper, but it still didnt completely solve the issue. So I Loosened this one:

It stopped the "rubbing" but now the brake is highly inneffective.

I tried moving the caliper only, but it still had friction against the wheel :(

(Also, how do I know the batter is charging? It says in the manual it will have a small LED, but I cannot see one, where would I be looking? - I have disconnected the battery from the bike and plugged it in - does the battery need to be switched "on" for it to charge?)

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
adjusting front disc brakes:
Make sure that the quick release works properly and the wheel is centered inside the fork.
Then follow these steps:
1) Loosen the two M5 allen bolts.
2) Check the gap between the two pads.
You want the rotor in the middle, with about 1mm gap between the rotor and the outside pad, about 0.5mm gap between the rotor and the inside pad. If the gap is too wide, it won't be efficient, too narrow, it will catch the rotor. If you only need to adjust about 0.5mm, use the adjuster at the brake handle.
3) Tighten the allen bolts when you are happy with the gap.
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/support.php?adjusting-zoom-disc-brakes

The LED is on the charger. It's red when it's charging, green when finished.

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
Thanks for the help with the battery :)

I followed the instructions for the break pads but I am still really struggling. Would halfords be any good to help me out? Or perhaps a local non commercial bike shop...

I just went out for a spin (using the back brakes) and oh my god. What fun! I can see me easily doing my commute with no problems. What a hoot. Really enjoying it. Should have got one sooner. Bye bye petrol!