help needed please urgently

stesteste

Pedelecer
May 2, 2012
bradford
i have alien aurora and think my controller has gone anyone know where i can get one urgent or a compattable one .all my lights work lights on speed swith come on to. It was all working then i changed brake pads on the brakes bike was working then i pulled brakes in and moter come on a bit then stopped i have losened all brakes i know they have sensors somewhere but still not working dunno if it has blown something in controller any help would be appreciated or has someone got controller for sale thanks i am bit of noob when it comes to electrics anyone nearby or willing to travel for help to thx
. Here's couple of pics

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
I would think that it is likely to be a brake sensor problem rather than a controller problem. Brake sensors are most commonly built into the brake levers. Things may be a bit more complicated if the brakes are hydraulic, as sensors can be fitted to the actual hydraulic lines [pipes]. Make sure both brake levers are in the Off position and are not sticking. No doubt someone who is familiar with this bike will be along soon and offer better and more detailed advice.

D

Deleted member 4366

Follow the cable from each brake to the controller, where there's a connector. Unplug them to see if it works. Report back if it doesn't. I'd be very surprised if there's a fault in your controller.

stesteste

Pedelecer
May 2, 2012
bradford
they are standard brakes with bb7s fitted i have undone all brake cables and are loose it only have when fitted new pads and pulled brakes hard then motor wouldn't kick in but the brakes seemed half stuck on and motor jerket a bit thx hope i can solve this because its needed for work thx .maybe its time to get 9 fet controller with more amps but need uk source thx

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
they are standard brakes with bb7s fitted i have undone all brake cables and are loose it only have when fitted new pads and pulled brakes hard then motor wouldn't kick in but the brakes seemed half stuck on and motor jerket a bit thx hope i can solve this because its needed for work thx .maybe its time to get 9 fet controller with more amps but need uk source thx
D8veh is referring to the cables that come from the brake levers to the controller, not the brake actuating cables. They have switches in them that cut power, and the suspicion is that somethings failed. Disconnect to eliminate them from the equation.

It's possible that you have hidden wire brake sensors, or something else, so you need to confirm. Pics of the levers will help.

stesteste

Pedelecer
May 2, 2012
bradford
hi and thx guys i have pics here of btakes and wires i fooled th cabltes from brakes but they all go in to this brakes.throttle and pwer

swich

i opened it up and there all soldered on to this little board
i followed it to controller box and unclipped these one by one and still no luck

here is pic of rest of wires in controller dont know which ones are for brakes

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
The three yellow/green/blue wires are probably power to the motor. Leave those connected.

You need to trace the wires from the brake lever to the box. They probably go through that board, so follow the tracks, then work out what cores they are connected to, and follow those back to controller. Some better pics of all the connectors at the controller will help.

stesteste

Pedelecer
May 2, 2012
bradford
followed the wires back they all go into this big pin

and then go into controller whick is a soldered board so cannot disconnect if i disconnect big pin theres no power either
here

im totally lost :confused:

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Looks like you may have to identify the brake switch wires, (probably two cores) and cut them. From your description of the fault it sounds most likely to be a brake sensor issue.

If you cut them, do it so you can re-connect easily. You may have to short them as well.

Suggest you cut them between the brake lever and the box wherever is most convenient.

D

Deleted member 4366

Follow the wires from the brake lever to that little black box. You see the wires come out on the inside. There must be a connector on each one to the board. If there is, unplug them.

stesteste

Pedelecer
May 2, 2012
bradford
just undone the little box and im afraid thay are all soldered looks like im going to have to cut em just to see if its the brakes all i did is put new pads in lol ooh my

thx for helping any more ideas guys im scratching mi head ...
its the 2 outer wires of the 4 for brakes

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Cut one of them first. You have a 50/50 of getting the correct one first time out.

If that doesn't work, do the other as well.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Sounds like you'd better call in the bomb squad.
Keep going though. You'll get there.
Hatti

D

Deleted member 4366

Don't cut anything just yet. Even if you do, don't cut all three. You only need to cut or desolder the green wires. It's 50/50 which brake it is. You don't need a switch on the front brake, so cut that one first.

Three wires implies that the switch is a hall sensor, which works like a proximity switch rather than a push switch. There must be a magnet on the lever, which has to be close to the sensor for it to work. Check to see whether there's anything preventing the lever from going fully back.

stesteste

Pedelecer
May 2, 2012
bradford
will check tonight thx guys .i have work today so unable to look i will keep ev1 updated .very helpfull thx

stesteste

Pedelecer
May 2, 2012
bradford
update guys and thx everyone and d8dev after looking in brakes i found the little red pin sensor had been bent back so with a little prodding and poking manage to get it straight again dont know how long it will last but im relieved is fixed for now and nothing major . hers pic of brake with pin sensor. Once again guys thanks for you help made me smile again spesh thanks to d8veh for pointing out cheers

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
This is why we have to respect D8veh, and others on here.
A fix that cost some head scratching but no big bills

Reactions: VictoryV