Help needed.

Riche

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2011
Hi,
I have a bafang(8fun) bmp 500w 48 motor.
However it fell off my desk at work and broke a part of outer casing off, I have had this part welded back on but in the process the heat from the welding has melted the nylon ring gear inside. Please see photo.

So I am trying to locate either a donor outer casing or a replacement nylon ring gear.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks
Rich

Attachments

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Hi,
I have a bafang(8fun) bmp 500w 48 motor.
However it fell off my desk at work and broke a part of outer casing off, I have had this part welded back on but in the process the heat from the welding has melted the nylon ring gear inside. Please see photo.

So I am trying to locate either a donor outer casing or a replacement nylon ring gear.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks
Rich
You can get them from here. If your can't get the individual gears off, they also supply the whole clutch assembly. Something wrong with their website at the moment, so I can't paste the link for the clutch.
Bafang nylon gears(28 teeth) for 8fun bldc hub motors-Greenbikekit.com online store for electric bicycle components-GreenBikeKit.com

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read properly what you wanted. You could try emailing them anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Riche

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2011
Thanks for your reply d8veh,
I have emailed the factory and they are saying the nylon ring isn't available but a replacement steel ring is so I am hoping they can provide me with one of them at a resonable price.

ON a side note I am using a BPM 2 motor on my bike at the moment but the clutch has stuck so its engaged all the time. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks
Rich

D

Deleted member 4366

Thanks for your reply d8veh,
I have emailed the factory and they are saying the nylon ring isn't available but a replacement steel ring is so I am hoping they can provide me with one of them at a resonable price.

ON a side note I am using a BPM 2 motor on my bike at the moment but the clutch has stuck so its engaged all the time. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks
Rich
To fix the jammed clutch, you first turn the bike upside down. then you have a choice of techniques. the idea is to give the wheel a sharp whack in the forward direction (that's the direction that it turns when you're riding). You can either use a large hammer (at least 16oz) or practice your best Karate kicks on it. The blow to the tyre must be in the tanjential direction. It might take a few blows to free it. it'll probably stick again, but each time it becomes easier to free it until all you need to do is a bunny hop while you're riding, and eventually it'll stop sticking.