Help! Ping Battery charging

Hurricane

Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2010
Perthshire
Want to make sure I am charging my Ping batteries correctly. Can anyone advise what is the correct way.

I have tried emailing Ping but he is closed in Chinese New Year.

Do I charge them up until green light on the charger stay's on and then unplug it or Do I leave them on charge all the time?

Don't want to under/over charge them so any advice would as usual be greatly appreciated.

Hurricane

Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2010
Perthshire
Thanks Alan for quick reply. I have the batteries charged and all 12 LED's of the BMS are on.

Does this mean I can disconnect the charger at this point or do I have to leave it on until I am going to use the battery.

I have the wiring guide but I am still unsure.

Both kit's doing well btw. 25 mile run today on some amazing hills. Hill climbing performance is absolutely amazing.

Many Thanks Alan

catsnapper

Pedelecer
No, don't leave it on. Disconnect once all the LEDs are on. It's fully charged and balanced. The only other thing to consider is maintenance if it's not being used for a while. It should be stored partially not fully charged and checked once a month to ensure it stays that way.

Hill climbing is one of the strong features of the BPM, the ideal motor for your territory:) Good to know you're enjoying the bikes.

Alan

Last edited: