Help please?

Cambia

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 11, 2017
North Yorkshire
Just bought a motorhome and am starting to think about electric bikes to enable us to get around more. Got a budget of around £2k at the most for two bikes. Want something that can go along canal paths, round tracks and on the road and not too heavy. Not in a hurry, may be a next year buy but any help is really appreciated as I know nothing! Thank you.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hello Cambia,

Welcome to the forum.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
ask your questions, there are lots of knowledgeable folks on here.
and do take your time.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
ask your questions, there are lots of knowledgeable folks on here.
and do take your time.
o_O You must be slipping or feeling under the weather today :oops:.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Welcome to the forum Cambia, we are mixed bunch who usually aren't to serious and any leg pulling is quite normal :p.
Before you buy go and try a few different types of bike to see what might to suit your needs then come and ask your questions.
You have set out you budget, what style of bike are you looking for ? The lightest 1k bike will be about 18kg other wise most will be up to 25kg.
For your budget well known sellers on here are dare I say, Woosh. Also have a look at Wisper, Kudos,Juicy & Freego.
If it is only occasional use then you could go really budget and the £500 folder that comes up on Ideal world. Although folders aren't every ones ideal bike they are more then capable for ambling around on and along canal paths.
I believe there are a good few ebike vendors in Yorkshire, so some one on here local to your area will point you in the right direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danidl

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Another consideration to take in to account is the expected range/mileage you are thinking of traveling whilst out and about. A 300wh battery might see you 20 miles , 400wh 30 miles and 500wh 40 miles, the smaller the battery the lighter it will be and cost ill be a bit less.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Neath, our bikes are a great favourite in the motorhome community!

Our 1.95" tyres make riding on grass and unmade roads very comfortable and our light weight fork reduce the weight of the bikes making loading and unloading so much easier.

Have a look on our web sire to find your nearest dealer.

https://wisperbikes.com/dealer-locator/

All the best, David

untitled-196.jpg

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Thanks Neath, our bikes are a great favourite in the motorhome community!

Our 1.95" tyres make riding on grass and unmade roads very comfortable and our light weight fork reduce the weight of the bikes making loading and unloading so much easier.

Have a look on our web sire to find your nearest dealer.

https://wisperbikes.com/dealer-locator/

All the best, David

View attachment 20169
... But try to remember to take the battery off and store inside the motorhome while moving . Should it become detached at 80kmhr. , It's an expensive flying brick.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I completely agree, at 80kmhr that brick could do a lot of damage!

Also make sure electrics are covered, even with a plastic bag. We have recently serviced a Bosch motor that had stopped working, it had a cupful of water in it. The fine spray when a van is bing driven in the rain can get into everything. A motorhome creates a vortex that slams the rain into the back of the vehicle faster than the vehicle is traveling. A few hours drive in the rain was enough to stop this RM working.

All the best, David

Cambia

Jul 11, 2017
North Yorkshire
Welcome to the forum Cambia, we are mixed bunch who usually aren't to serious and any leg pulling is quite normal :p.
Before you buy go and try a few different types of bike to see what might to suit your needs then come and ask your questions.
You have set out you budget, what style of bike are you looking for ? The lightest 1k bike will be about 18kg other wise most will be up to 25kg.
For your budget well known sellers on here are dare I say, Woosh. Also have a look at Wisper, Kudos,Juicy & Freego.
If it is only occasional use then you could go really budget and the £500 folder that comes up on Ideal world. Although folders aren't every ones ideal bike they are more then capable for ambling around on and along canal paths.
I believe there are a good few ebike vendors in Yorkshire, so some one on here local to your area will point you in the right direction.

Cambia

Jul 11, 2017
North Yorkshire
Sorry, didn't finish that! Thanks Nealh for the info. We will look at the bikes you mentioned and also pop into York and have a look at some. I don't think we want folders as we intend to use them quite a bit and we like the look of the Dutch upright ones. That may of course change when we try them! All info gratefully received as we know nothing about electric bikes yet!