Help with eZee Torq

aroncox

Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2006
I've had my eZee Torq for a number of years now, and when it works it's brilliant. I use it for my long commute across London every day. However, it's probably worked less than half the time I've had it, and it's been back to 50Cycles on numerous ocassions. Basically what happens is that it'll work for a short distance then cut out and not work again with no lights showing. It's been rewired by 50Cycles, and I've tried both types of batteries, but each time it comes back to me it'll stop working very quickly if not on my first journey. In fact this year it has only worked for perhaps one month right at the beginning, if even that.

Does anyone know anywhere I can get it fixed? Or does anyone have any ideas what I can do to get it running again? I've spent so much money on this bike with the cost of the bike, the extended warranty, the multiple chargers etc. it would be so good to get it running again.

Thanks for your help!

Aron.

MR E

Pedelecer
Dec 6, 2007
West Sussex PO21
The first thing to check on what sounds like a power problem is to charge up the battery to full charge and check the voltage at the pins where it connects to the lugs on the bike before you use the bike.It should be
41v+ ( dependant upon the state or age of your battery.

Then when the power goes off again , remove battery and check the voltage at the same point.

You maybe able to check the voltage on the battery charger pins as well , without having to remove battery.

This should be a good starter point to determine whether the fault is battery or wiring / component.

jac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2007
hi try cyclepoint in brighton take about an hour and a half to get to brighton by train from london

jim

Tiberius

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2007
Somerset
Hi Aron,

The first thing to do is to work out whether the problem is with the battery or the bike. If you've had the same problem with different batteries and chargers then it sounds like the bike, but it would still be worth a final confirmatory check on the battery before tackling the bike.

On the bike, the sort of thing it could be is an intermittent connection in the wiring harness or a fault in the controller. Possibly more likely is a problem with all the stuff on the handlebars - they interact with the controller and the circuit boards and connections are susceptible to problems with damp. On the other hand, problems in this area usually result in the light on the side of the controller giving a series of flashes.

When you say there are no lights showing, is this just on the handlebars, or is the one on the controller off too?

Nick