help

fishzx7r

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2010
Colchester, UK
Seen this on another ebike site, being a newby to ebikes could someone explain what it mean's.
also what is the PCB

( However, it is not that difficult to open them up and apply waterproof conformal coating directly on the PCB. This makes the controller much more resilient to wet)

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Printed Circuit Board:)

fishzx7r

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2010
Colchester, UK
Cheers Eddieo

Does it mean to coat the CB in vaselene or what?
sorry to be such a thicko but I'm really none conversant with this subject

Rob

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I wouldn't think Vaseline is moisture resistant?lol

The controller (brains /computer of your bike) SHOULD be reasonably water tight anyway. There are electrical spray products available but I think you ar looking to deep if you have no problem with the bike? Just enjoy it!:p

fishzx7r

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2010
Colchester, UK
Thanks Guy's
I know I'm a bit thick when it comes to electrics,LOL!!!!!!:eek:
but will take your advice "Eddieo" and leave well alone, just enjoy my new bike when the weather picks up a bit,
being retired it will only get used for 5mile trips to the farm in mostly dry weather, and the odd ride into town for shopping,

thanks for your response guy's Happy Newyear,and Ride Safe,
Rob

Last edited:

Pob

Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2010
Derbyshire
A spray of ACF50 is excellent. Been using it myself for years on motorbikes and Land Rovers. It's not sold everywhere but worth buying. I buy it in bulk and use it for rust proofing, electrical waterproofing and lubrication (ooh err missus :D )

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
also what is the PCB
Thanks in advance,
Rob
PCB is Phencyclidine, which is an anaesthetic. It exhibits hallucinogenic and neurotoxic effects. You may know it by its street name, "Angel Dust" or "Monkey Spunk".

Just one hit of PCB and you'll be able to exceed 1000 mph on your pedelec!

Or as eddio has stated, it can also mean printed circuit board.

Last edited:

Pob

Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2010
Derbyshire
Not splitting hairs here but it's PCP that's the drug :D

1-(1-phenylcyclohexyl)piperidine

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
Or poly-chlorinated biphenols, beloved of transformer oil manufacturers a few years ago.
Nasty stuff indeed.

theskip1

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2010
sm6
Seen this on another ebike site, being a newby to ebikes could someone explain what it mean's.
also what is the PCB

( However, it is not that difficult to open them up and apply waterproof conformal coating directly on the PCB. This makes the controller much more resilient to wet)

Thanks in advance,
Rob
anything that would waterproof the circuit board. at one time it was varnish now its probably a silicon of some kind.iv'e found a drop of wd40 works wonders.but it would be best not to put the control box where there would be any liklyhood of water ingress.

Last edited: