Here we go!!

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
2" of snow in North Norfolk this evening:( I wonder what the night will bring:confused:

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
There's nothing down in Kent yet, thankfully as my battery is knackered and I'm on the train today which stops running at the merest whiff of snow.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Time to abandon my car in favour of the bike ;) as its utterly useless when faced with the slightest covering of snow!

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Time to abandon my car in favour of the bike ;) as its utterly useless when faced with the slightest covering of snow!
I've just got a Jeep with snow tyres on it, I'm going to be very disappointed if we don't get snow. The bike will still get used a lot as it's so much easier to get past the lines of stationary cars.

trickletreat

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2010
That's going to be interesting on ice, you have drive but no steering. :eek:
Last winter it proved to be great fun, especially when cornering...lots of oversteer as the back end stepped out.[pre studs!] The front end was fairly well behaved, all though we did have a few three wheel sideways slides, until the trailer pulled me back into line...lots of screams from my daughter!

She now has a screen fitted to her trike/trailer bike and wears goggles, so the cold and snow will not be a problem.

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
I've just got a Jeep with snow tyres on it, I'm going to be very disappointed if we don't get snow. The bike will still get used a lot as it's so much easier to get past the lines of stationary cars.
Now you have the jeep can you pass on your mobile number to us members so we can relax knowing you will come to the rescue:D :D :D

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Now you have the jeep can you pass on your mobile number to us members so we can relax knowing you will come to the rescue:D :D :D
I'm just trying to work out what the going rate for towing people out of ditches is, pedelecs for free of course. :)
I bet I end up getting stuck somewhere!

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I'm just trying to work out what the going rate for towing people out of ditches is, pedelecs for free of course. :)
I bet I end up getting stuck somewhere!
I did a little reading on helping people out of ditches and it's quite a risk to my pocket, some people carry disclaimers that the person in the ditch has to sign before they will help out. If you end up in a ditch and the chap with the 4x4 doesn't want to help he's probably got a good reason.

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Woke up to 4"

4" of snow here today, roads are too bad for riding but I did get a short ride in yesterday so today will be a walk with my new commando boots on :D

Straylight

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2009
Mid/north Suffolk.

Just tried to get into work (12.5 miles), and came off after about 1 mile:eek: I'm fine but the bike's a little worse for wear - smashed gear changer (luckily I've a spare, bought on a whim ages ago). Arrived back home looking like a snowman, as the weather closed in on my return trudge.