Hi all - just joined!

Craig1967

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 19, 2016
Mansfield
My name is Craig from Nottinghamshire. I have been doing countless hours of research into these what look to be these amazing machines - trying to decide which ones might be the best for me.I definitely like the Haibike range of bikes. I would be looking at getting a dongle to derestrict whilst not being a speed merchant; I would like to cycle slightly quicker than 15mph under power. Can anybody advise which is the best system out of the Yamaha or Bosch range - especially as I wish to use a dongle? The Yamaha range seems slightly cheaper but is the Bosch range better? One last thing, I would be cycling 70% on roads and 30% on light trails.. would I be better with a full suspension bike or conventional?

P.S Bit of an annoyance that there doesn't seem to be too many dealers near to Nottinghamshire.

Any help would be much appreciated :)
Craig

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
What ever you buy if it's dongled the range will drops quickly.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Regarding the suspension, a hardtail bike would probably suffice; i.e. a (decent) front suspension fork and no rear suspension. That's what I have and I turn off the suspension fork on roads and activate it when off road. It works well for me. Should you have a sensitive rear, consider a suspension seatpost, again a decent one, such as the Suntour NCX.

Whilst I'm very happy with my Oxygen, I don't like the fact it has 27.5" wheels, if only for the reason that that size limits tyre choice. Go for a 26" or 29" bike would be my advice.