Hi All

Blaque

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 25, 2016
Scottish Borders
Been lurking on here for a couple of weeks now. Thank you all for putting up the info.

I’ve been a mountain biker since the 90’s and currently have a much loved 14 year old Marin Rift Zone on which only the frame and seat post are original.

I used to go out a lot a few years ago on group rides. But dwindled away for various reasons. The main one being that I felt that I was holding everyone back. Not that anyone in anyway conveyed this to me, and were always more than happy to stop and have a blether at the top of the hill and wait for me. Even on the frosty of nights!! I have a congenital heart disorder, a pacemaker and have broken my lower back a couple of times. These are not things that make a good climber, but in turn I would wait for them at the bottom of the other side :)

Originally I was looking at ebikes to get my other half out a bit more. She enjoys biking but feels she is holding me back, as I have to wait for her at the top of the hill. Is there a theme developing here?

Anyway the CUBE I had found is not available in her size, and will have to wait until next year’s model comes out.

Then I thought “what about me?” would an ebike encourage me to go out more? Go out for longer?

I looked at Bulls Bikes, I liked the “hidden battery.” None left. I looked at CUBE. Again none of this year’s models left. I had a demo on a Lapierre. A short run up a 16% hill. Gears in the middle of the cassette, I didn’t think to change them. I just used the difference assistance modes when my thighs began burn. I looked down. I’m doing 10-11 miles an hour!! Up a Hill!!!

So, 3 weeks until delivery, and now that I have told you lot, I’d better go tell the other half.

Reactions: cyberdyne_systems

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Hi
So did you buy the lapierre and if so what model did you buy?
I like the look of the lapierre range so it will be nice to know what you think

Oh and welcome to the group.

Steve

Blaque

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 25, 2016
Scottish Borders
Hi Steve,

Yes, I went for the Overvolt FS 700. The one I demoed had upgraded brakes and a dropper post, but was asking FS 900 money for it, and it would have been an ex demo. So ordered online, not in stock so will have to wait 3 weeks but offered a 10% discount because of it. I can wait 3 weeks.

Will do a write up after it's arrived, ans I've had it out a few times.

Cheers,

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Welcome, we will have to wait for the review. Breath bated...