Hi All

ned65

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 26, 2016
wales
Found this site while researching the possible purchase of my first ebike and found it very useful.
I took the plunge and bought my first ebike 10 weeks ago for my daily commute. Amazed the difference it has made. I'm finding I use it far more than I thought as its so much more convenient than the car for journeys less than 10 miles.
I have always been a regular road bike cyclist and tended to look down on ebikes, but now I get it. I can just jump on with my normal clothes and shoes which save so much time. In addition with electric assist on hills I am less obsessed about the weight off the bike. It means I can sling things in the panniers without a thought making shopping and just general trips a much more practical option.
My bike is a Raleigh Motus which I cant praise enough (very different than my Spez Allez). I still enjoy the the Allez but I'm using the Motus so much more because its so practical. Full mudguards are brilliant and the hub dynamo light are so useful, and the front shocks which you can turn off or on while riding work well.

Reactions: yaffa

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Welcome Ned.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
hi D8ve
sorry dont know what you mean about making fun of dyslexia
Sorry that's in my signature block, to forestall any spelling, punctuation police. It isn't aimed at you at all. Unless you teach English....Along with my bike list.
So you know I can't spell and what I have and now ride.
The hello was just to make you feel welcome and show that someone acknowledged yor first post.

Reactions: yaffa

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hello Ned, good to hear that the e bike ticks the box for you. I'm the same I think nothing of doing errands of up to 20 miles and also long rides of up to 90 odd miles.

Manchester Lass

Jun 6, 2016
Manchester
Hi Ned, I've just been to try a Raleigh Motus today and was really impressed by it. I'm now torn between the Kalkhoff Agattu and the Motus; I've noticed there is a Bosh bike computer with an integral sat nav that can be purchased as an upgrade with the Motus, do you have that?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Last edited:

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Hi Ned, I've just been to try a Raleigh Motus today and was really impressed by it. I'm now torn between the Kalkhoff Agattu and the Motus; I've noticed there is a Bosh bike computer with an integral sat nav that can be purchased as an upgrade with the Motus, do you have that?
Might be better to get a decent smartphone mount.
Coming soon are phone apps to control your ebike making bikes more secure with personalised controller settings saved to your phone.
Phone gps apps are constantly improving and mostly free.

ned65

May 26, 2016
wales
No my motus has the standard intuvia system. I use google maps and an app for my pebble watch which works well as a sat nav for my use.
The motus is great, some reviews are a little sniffy about the hydraulic rim brakes (some would prefer disc brakes) but I've found them great. Let me know if you want to know any other details