Hi All

tisme

Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2016
kent
I'm an old git who use to ride mountain bikes every day, I stopped a few years ago due to injuries from M/C racing. This year we found e bikes and now really enjoying it. I started with a Whyte Coniston that gave me a taste of what an E bike could do and last weekend sold that and bought a Haibike hardseven.
You could possible give me some advice here. I bought a new Haibike saturday but in the showroom I noticed it had a ripped seat which they replaced, then on the first ride i found the gears were jumping, this turned out to be a bent hanger bracket and stiff links in the chain, on a new bike!
I called the dealer who said they would get me a new hanger and chain but didn't know how it had happened?
today I picked the bits up but when I went to put them on and removed the rear wheel I found more marks on the disc bracket and other side of the frame. I called the dealer again and he said he will look at it tomorrow.
So what should I do money back, a different bike, stay with it?

Reactions: LeighPing

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Welcome!

Sounds like they are trying to flog you a demo bike as new...

Money back and change dealer.

tisme

Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2016
kent
It said 10miles when I got it but I feel its done loads more. I really like the bike but theres not many 55 .hardsevens for sale if I get my money back

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Shop soiled demo bike. Negotiate a discount 15% ?

• Agree
Reactions: tisme and LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
10 miles, a ripped seat, gears jumping from a bent hanger bracket and stiff links in the chain. It sure sounds like an ex demo bike. As long as they're fixing it for free you're ok then. I'd be giving it the once over to see what else was up with it.

Reactions: tisme

tisme

Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2016
kent
Took it back this morning and was basically told it was my fault, so as I was about to leave i had a bit of a rant saying I'd put their name all over the Internet and how they were trying to rip me off with an ex demo bike, with this he changed his mind as is now giving me a new bike tomorrow.
It's a real shame it got to that, if they had just apologised and given me something off my next purchase it would have been great. Now there's a lot of bad feeling between us and I don't trust them at all. Hope any future warranty work can be done somewhere else, and two friends looking for e bikes are not going there.

Reactions: Gaz and LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Don't worry, you're not the only one that would feel like you've been short changed under those circumstances.

Good will is very important to a lot of people. Even if it's not real. :)

Still, it's a good result. It's just a shame that you had to fight for it.

Reactions: tisme