Hi all

electricspeed

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 26, 2016
Manchester
Hello all, my name is Dan and I am from Greater Manchester. The reason for joining is because I have been looking at an electric assisted bike for my wife who has recently undergone hip surgery as well as suffering from chronic fibromyalgia.

I want her to be able to come on bike rides with myself and our 5 year old daughter and an ebike seems like the perfect compromise to aid her along the trips.

My main motivations and queries really focus on whether to buy a kit and build or to buy ready built. I wouldn't mind along retrofitting a lot onto my own MTB in good time, one thing at a time.

Thanks

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A kit will be hard to tell if it works for your wife until it is fitted and tried out so probably better to test some ready made bikes out also an advantage if it has a throttle fitted or one that can be retrofitted for if she tires. Price bracket and bike style, step thru or low crossbar type.

electricspeed

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 26, 2016
Manchester
A kit will be hard to tell if it works for your wife until it is fitted and tried out so probably better to test some ready made bikes out also an advantage if it has a throttle fitted or one that can be retrofitted for if she tires. Price bracket and bike style, step thru or low crossbar type.
Ideally a step through would be better due to the hip and back issues. Price wise I am happy to pay for the right bike but a starting amount would be around £750 or so. As for bike style a larger wheel would be better but open to suggestions.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For a step through have a look at two sellers on here Woosh have 3 models sub 1k and Amps who sell the well regarded Wipser 705se for a couple hundred more.
Woosh are mail order only though Amps have a dealer at Valley Scooters in Bolton.

Last edited: