hi am loving my electric bicycle experience

mrtc

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 24, 2014
north staffs. for my sins
Hi just thought id say hello

Due to traffic jams and work parking i bought a viking ego24. If was 250 on ebay so i bought it with the mind that if i didnt like it id probilly be able to sell it on again and hopefully not lose much money

Now im totally converted to cycling to work. Love it. I love the fact it has 20 inch wheels but fits in my smart fortwo,s boot.
Im lucky that the hospital i work at dont mind me carrying the bike into the store room. Yes its heavy lol but i couldnt cope with 16inch wheels

Only issue is quality. Its not bad but now im hooked on my elec bike i am looking for somet else. Anyway thats how i found this site.

I do my daily 20 mile commute with a few steep hills. Next time i want better brakes. Better quality fittings. Was thinking of the wisper 806.

Reactions: TinKitten

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
your 20 miles a day (5,000 miles a year) may be a bit too much for 20 inch folders. Everything wears out more quickly on smaller wheels.
If you absolutely need a folder, the woosh zephyr-B is the one with sturdy motor, hydraulic brakes and a bigger 52T chainring.

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?zephyr-b

mrtc

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 24, 2014
north staffs. for my sins
Chèers will look.

I do get some funny looks on my fold up. Especially last sunday when i overtook a group of lycra cyclist on a long steep hill. They didnt look happy

Reactions: JamesW