Hi and HELP please..........

eimmep

Just Joined
Jun 1, 2012
Hi
I have been looking to buy my first e bike since the begining of the year really, but the market is huge and I am simply baffled by what is out there. Also being a total novice at cycling I really dont understand the tech and spec side of things. So if I give a little insight into my needs and circumstances perhaps someone might offer me some sound advice.....please :D

Use: Around town, to and from my parents (full time carer) 10+ miles each day.
Terrain: Flat

Style of cycle: Step through,
Throttle
Suitable all weathers, (exception harsh low temps)
Lightweight enough to peddle with NO power too.

Im 5ft 7, live in flat norfolk, suffer with joint pain so the option to have the pure power would be good. hate to admit it but I'm overweight but looking to change that with the help of a cycle.

Looking at wisper 705 sel , there is a place in my town thats deals with wisper, but have not been to look at them yet.
Are there any makes that cater for the heavier rider at all?:eek: As, partner is 6ft 2 and heavy and also looking to purchase his own cycle too.

Thanks for any advice
H

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If you suffer some knee pain, hard pedal effort isn't advisable, cycling being particularly tough on knees. Those Wisper models are ideal for you since they are powerful enough to leave you with not too much to do in a flat area, and they are good quality and enjoy excellent support. Having a a local dealer is always an advantage of course, so I'd advise trying those bike out first. I think they will suit your need.

ajb9

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2012
newhaven east sussex
i too have knee problems but since getting a wisper 706 alpino my knee pain has gone, as flecc says both bikes would suit you but you should really try them both out as that is the only way to tell, i tried 4 bikes out before settling on the 706, that was the one i felt suited my need,s best ( didn,t have to throw my leg over it).