Hi Folks,

bike-a-lot

Just Joined
Nov 12, 2016
England
had a few e bikes in my time starting with a £300 moped style (don't lets go there) to a giant Suede and most recently a Wisper. poor thing though is really on its last legs and I am looking for my next bike. Things have changed though! Just a commuter who does about 10 to 12 miles a day 365 days a year mainly roads but do use a bridlepath on occasion and such are the potholes I am looking towards the Haibikes as my next choice any advice? comments welcome thanks

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
had a few e bikes in my time starting with a £300 moped style (don't lets go there) to a giant Suede and most recently a Wisper. poor thing though is really on its last legs and I am looking for my next bike. Things have changed though! Just a commuter who does about 10 to 12 miles a day 365 days a year mainly roads but do use a bridlepath on occasion and such are the potholes I am looking towards the Haibikes as my next choice any advice? comments welcome thanks
Screenshot_2016-09-30-08-53-47.png

I have a full suspension Haibike with the Yamaha motor which I have owned for 18 months and am absolutely delighted with it. I use it 90% off road which it has handled exceptionally well and I can't really find anything negative to say about it. After seeing and riding my bike three of my friends have bought one. My advice would be try out few different bikes but from my experience you won't go wrong with a Haibike.

• Agree
Reactions: chris130256

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
comments welcome thanks
If you are considering the Haibike range, that suggests you have a large budget at your disposal. The full range these days of Haibike's offerings is actually enormous so I wish you luck picking the right one for your needs, which must place reliability towards the top of your criteria as a regular commuter, I would guess.

There are other options among the high-end EAPC makers but they are just as pricey as Haibike in many cases. On the other hand, you could save yourself lots of money if you look around the whole market of today's EAPCs as there are some very well regarded bikes to be found for half the price of high-end machines and less.

There is also the self-build route if you feel up to that kind of thing and there are some very powerful kits around which can be attached to virtually any bike of your choice - that way, you get something bespoke and will probably save quite a bit of cash too.

Happy hunting.

Tom

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Of my two main bikes, the Riese & Muller is much better for the conditions you are talking of. At 8500 miles it's just had the first replacements of wearable parts, chain, sprockets & pads.
It's worth looking at their range but if you really want a Haibike I suppose you'll have one. That's what happened to me.