Hi from Lincoln

PushBikeMike

Just Joined
Jul 18, 2017
Lincoln, UK
Hi
My name is Mike and I own a 26" mountain bike which I ride regally at weekends through out the year, weather permitting to Castle Square here in Lincoln. At 72 I'm beginning to feel the pinch and am envious when I see similarly aged people shoot past on eBikes while I'm slogging it out to get to the same destination 30 minutes later.

I doubt I will ever change my back wheel for an electric hub, but I have started looking round (and saving) for a powered trailer, so I can get to Lincoln refreshed enough to enjoy it.

At present I have my meals in Lincoln town centre as I don't take the bike 'Downtown' because of the torturous slog up Lindum Hill to get home. If I had a trailer I'd go farther out to Lincoln University for dinner each day and then take a leisurely ride up Lindum Hill and home.

Hope this finds you well.

Michael.

Attachments

• Informative
Reactions: phil01

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Hello Mike :)

I wasn't aware trailers would push a bike - I just thought they negated any drag for the person towing it.

Gaz

• Agree
Reactions: tommie

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Mike, maybe you could elaborate a bit more on a "powered trailer"?

Photo of what you mean would help.
.. I have seen references to these. They clamp rigidly to the rear wheel mounting struts and contain a battery and motorised wheel(s) .