Hi. I cycle to work most days and also cycle at work.

AndrewGARNER1

Just Joined
Jan 6, 2016
Just purchased a brand new 2017 model Focus Adventura Bosch E-bike ( 400 Powerpack). Have had it 2 weeks and already done 500+ miles.
Has anybody else got one or similar

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

TanSu

Just Joined
Nov 22, 2016
London
Hi, I've just bought something similar- a Ghost Teru 6 (2016) with a Bosch Active and 500ah battery. Fist ride out tomorrow when commuting a bit anxious. Any tips from you first 500 on an ebike?
I'm a regular cyclist.....

• Informative

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Enjoy the ride.
They don't tend to have the top end of a normal bike but low down grunt makes it easy to keep a nice average speed. For me it's about 2-3 mph faster on average with much less effort.
On really trying I can get 4 mph more from electric.

• Informative

AndrewGARNER1

Just Joined
Jan 6, 2016
Hi, I've just bought something similar- a Ghost Teru 6 (2016) with a Bosch Active and 500ah battery. Fist ride out tomorrow when commuting a bit anxious. Any tips from you first 500 on an ebike?
I'm a regular cyclist.....
Hi. Try out all the different modes. eg ECO, TOUR etc. Also use the gears properly. You will probably use ECO and TOUR most of the time.
I have been very happy with my Focus. The most miles on one battery charge has 60. That was on a undulating course in the Lake District near Keswick. I still had one bar left on the battery.
Which type of charger did they give you with your bike?
Was it a Standard or Compact?

• Informative

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Enjoy the ride.
They don't tend to have the top end of a normal bike but low down grunt makes it easy to keep a nice average speed. For me it's about 2-3 mph faster on average with much less effort.
On really trying I can get 4 mph more from electric.
I would agree with that. Maybe it's the stance, the Raleigh Motus is very much a high position with large air resistance.... Particularly with an open anorak 20km /hr very easy in touring mode.
Needs either a lot of effort to get up to 25km hr in tour or reasonable efforts on turbo. Cruising speed of 20 km hr in tour seems optimum.