Hi need some advice im a newbie

durham

Just Joined
Apr 30, 2011
Hi, guys i stumbled across this forum and it seems very helpful, im looking to buy an e bike but its so hard to choose one i need one whats good speed, long range, and good at climbing hills but if i had to choose i need long range thats a must can you guys help me out also i havent got a big budget thanks

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Hi Durham and welcome to these forums.
You're about to be inundated with advice and suggestions from the many passionate people who post here.
I strongly advise you look at manufacturers who are members of the British Electric Bike Association (BEBA) who all subscribe to a decent code of practice.
Then go and find a shop selling a range you like the look of, in a hilly town.
Good luck. I know you'll enjoy your new electric bike!

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
It IS incredibly hard with SO many to choose from. The only advice I can give is to try as many as you can out. Initially I thought I wanted a large wheel bike (28") and was adamant that was all I wanted. However, the first one I tried, didn't suit me - I didn't feel in control on it. I tried a 26" and it was much better. So from then on I thought I could only cope with a 26" wheel. However, I then tried a lot of other ones and found a 28" bike that suited me really well. So its all down to personal choice (looks) and personal fit (they all 'feel different'). Then its the hill climing ability and battery range and the make of motor etc vs. ability to climb hills. SO hard to choose.

The best thing to do is try as many as possible.