Hi

whills

Just Joined
Jul 17, 2013
Nice forum.
I looking for that elusive combo of light/small fold-up size and not too expensive.

At the moment i am using my wife's 3-wheeler electric fold-up scoot powered by a L-ion battery, it fulfills the first two requirements above, but as my knee improves I want something I can pedal as well as have powered assistance with. Even when fit I've always been hopeless on hills this dates right back to my teenage days.

I travel a lot and it has to be easy to lift in and out of 4X4. It also has to stow to small folded up size because of all my other gear. My wife's scoot = 33.5 x 12 x 10 folded.

Weight - Main Frame 5.44 kilos. (detacheable seat and L-ion extra) This size and weight is very good for stowing and lifting.

Range isn't so important, ten miles would be ample.

Hope you can help?

Should I repost this as a query thread?

D

Deleted member 4366

What does "not too expensive" mean? Can we have a figure?. I'd love to see a picture of the three-wheeler!

whills

Just Joined
Jul 17, 2013
hi johnc.

What does "not too expensive" mean? Can we have a figure?. I'd love to see a picture of the three-wheeler!
I didn't want to come across as advertising it, which I'm not, but here goes.

Lightweight Electric Mobility Scooter - TravelScoot - YouTube

'not too expensive' means no more than £500 but is that feasible? The scoot costs a lot because it is light and folds up small, plus he seems to be overcharging (no pun intended) for the L-ion battery, but I've seen someone trying to emulate the battery on the web by making up their own, tho' with so-so results.