Hi.

char1ie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 18, 2015
Just joined & introducing myself. I am looking to buy my first electric bike & think I need all the help & advice to help me purchase the right bike for me.

Last edited:

Osho

Pedelecer
Jan 13, 2015
Bournemouth
I spent a long time looking and could not discover a general consensus as to 'the best bike' for any particular need. I followed the general advice to go and try a variety of bikes which I did and this did not really help other than convince me to to exclude bikes in the cheaper range. However I have spoken to a number of people with ebikes and they have to a man/woman spoken with such enthusiasm that I have taken the plunge. Good luck withyour searching.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
If you post up a list of your requirements you'll get a loads of sensible recommendations. Woosh and Kudos are always a good starting point.

Welcome to the forum.

robbyheansen

Pedelecer
Jan 6, 2015
www.electric-batteries.com
Hi, I can said how did i buy a E-bike ?

First, my home is not long from my company. So i can use it for work,so i won't a high capacity and high performance bike.
Second, I want flee comfortable when I riding, I don't like the big and make my waist bending. so i choose the one of light and comfortable .

I am 65KG, so i choose a bike that its motor is 250W, and battery is 36V-10Ah.

martindf3

Jan 21, 2015
Hi, I can said how did i buy a E-bike ?

First, my home is not long from my company. So i can use it for work,so i won't a high capacity and high performance bike.
Second, I want flee comfortable when I riding, I don't like the big and make my waist bending. so i choose the one of light and comfortable .

I am 65KG, so i choose a bike that its motor is 250W, and battery is 36V-10Ah.
I'm 92kg so I've picked a 1000w and 48 volt set up ,the way it goes will probably be worth the pedal home if the batteries go flat . But since I will be riding with my wife I might restrict it to the legal 15mph that the government insist on over here in the UK . Bought the kit and fitted it to my original bike

robbyheansen

Pedelecer
Jan 6, 2015
www.electric-batteries.com
I'm 92kg so I've picked a 1000w and 48 volt set up ,the way it goes will probably be worth the pedal home if the batteries go flat . But since I will be riding with my wife I might restrict it to the legal 15mph that the government insist on over here in the UK . Bought the kit and fitted it to my original bike
A motor of 1000W-48V, it's great!
Last month, we offer a customer a battery of 48V-30Ah , and find a set of 1000W e-bike conversion kits for him. He love it!
If you know more, flee free contact me.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
100kg and a 250 watt legal system manages fine when I need it.
Anything else leaves you open to a lot of legal grief.

Reactions: flecc

martindf3

Jan 21, 2015
100kg and a 250 watt legal system manages fine when I need it.
Anything else leaves you open to a lot of legal grief.
Thought about all this ,before ordering 48 volt option . It can be easily restricted to 15 mph and as far as I'm aware no one has been done for electric bikes . and I do hold a motor bike licence. so there would be tax and insurance left as a legal requirement . and my wife hates riding on the road so it will be off road use mainly .So I'm hoping dealing with the police can be avoided .