Hi

Vinney222

Just Joined
Oct 8, 2017
Warwick
I'm 56 and from Warwick. My partner and I only found out about e-bikes recently and we're quite taken with them. Neither of us have cycled in years but we are both keen to get more exercise and do more together. We went to the Pitsford Water site of Rutland cycling today to have a test ride and find a bit more about them. The weather was perfect for riding and the 2 hire bikes were great fun. We were both a bit wobbly at first, but soon felt more steady and were riding with beaming smiles. Afterwards we looked in the shop there and we both liked the Kalkhoff Jubilee Move B7 Hybrid bike. The shop one was a bit small, but they've ordered a larger size for us to try next sunday. If anyone has any experience of this bike I'd love to hear your thoughts?
Now I need to find out a bit more about good lights and insurance.
Thanks

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

topographer

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Mid Yorkshire
I'm 56 and from Warwick. My partner and I only found out about e-bikes recently and we're quite taken with them. Neither of us have cycled in years but we are both keen to get more exercise and do more together. We went to the Pitsford Water site of Rutland cycling today to have a test ride and find a bit more about them. The weather was perfect for riding and the 2 hire bikes were great fun. We were both a bit wobbly at first, but soon felt more steady and were riding with beaming smiles. Afterwards we looked in the shop there and we both liked the Kalkhoff Jubilee Move B7 Hybrid bike. The shop one was a bit small, but they've ordered a larger size for us to try next sunday. If anyone has any experience of this bike I'd love to hear your thoughts?
Now I need to find out a bit more about good lights and insurance.
Thanks
That bike has integrated lights.

• Informative

Vinney222

Just Joined
Oct 8, 2017
Warwick
Yes it does. However I am thinking about possibly cycling to work in the future, and that would involve an unlit country lane quite early in the morning, so I want to be sure I have good strong lights.

• Agree

Ross_Dr

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2017
Southampton
i have not had any experience with that bike myself but from looking at the specs its looks like a rather tidy bike! the Bosch drive system is a very reliable system to use as i have had a go on a few of their drives before.

Ross

• Informative

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Yes it does. However I am thinking about possibly cycling to work in the future, and that would involve an unlit country lane quite early in the morning, so I want to be sure I have good strong lights.
Take it for ride at night on unlit lane. Don't be surprised it you need to add more powerful battery headlight.

The only down side to that bike is cable vbrakes, not good choice for ebike especially if commuting.

Ross_Dr

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2017
Southampton
i have always found v-brakes to be sufficient on any road legal commuting bike to be honest, disc brakes are better but at 15 miles an hour doesn't make a huge difference

Ross

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0658_03.JPG
203mm hope rotors 4 piston avid trail brakes and calipers with adjustable levers and bite adjust ;)

• Agree

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
doesn't look like there's much in it to be honest! I know the discs are better but not by tonnes, all depends on calliper and disc set up etc.

Ross
Just the one disc brake fitted for the second part of the brake test video. About 3 to 4 feet difference in the dry. Enough to avoid hitting something.

Ross_Dr

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2017
Southampton
Just the one disc brake fitted for the second part of the brake test video. About 3 to 4 feet difference in the dry. Enough to avoid hitting something.
it really doesn't seem like 3 or 4 feet in the video but I guess that's fair enough, v brakes have always been enough for me commuting they aren't by any means insufficient. I do have discs myself but that was just because I like working on them more

Ross

• Informative

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
it really doesn't seem like 3 or 4 feet in the video but I guess that's fair enough, v brakes have always been enough for me commuting they aren't by any means insufficient. I do have discs myself but that was just because I like working on them more

Ross
The V-Brakes were triple compound, 25% longer type. Pretty good kit. But, even so, their stopping distance was still considerably longer than disc brakes on the same bike. Otherwise they'd still be on it. :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Ross_Dr

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2017
Southampton
agreed! i used a set of mechanical brakes before my hydraulics on standard 7 inch rotors and they were an improvement of the 6 inch but not by tonnes, now i am on 7 inch rotors with a hydraulic system and they stopping power is crazy in comparison. plus the discs are premium type instead of stock

Ross

• Informative