Himiway Zebra

ninja

Just Joined
Apr 25, 2023
Anyone got one of these ?
Would be good to get genuine feedback rather than the ‘verified’ reviews on their website (all 5*)
Have done a search on here but cannot find anything.
My requirements for an e bike are …
Strength, I’m 6 foot and 105kg.
Full mudguards, rear rack, lights included.
Comfortable on London’s pothole ridden roads.
Budget : absolute max £2k.
Would like to put it on the back of my car for the weekend.., this thing is 36kg so not sure that is viable on my Golf !
Red flags so far …
Weight/Size, need to take it in a lift for security
Cannot test ride, maybe someone knows better but all e shops far as I can see.
Interested in others opinions of this bike or something else that fits my requirements… thanks in advance

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Halfords are better for test rides than any other bike shop I've come across (not many). But probably still won't give much choice of which ones are available for test.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Member @EddiePJ recently acquired a Himiway Cruiser, which I think is the model below. His experiences he's documenting here.

Reactions: ninja

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
My requirements for an e bike are …
Strength, I’m 6 foot and 105kg.
Full mudguards, rear rack, lights included.
Comfortable on London’s pothole ridden roads.
Budget : absolute max £2k.
Woosh Gran Camino would fit your requirements very well, and your budget too.
Strong frame, hydraulic brakes, Suntour suspension fork with 100mm travel, strong motor, full mudgards, rear rack, lights, propstand, all there. 20kgs without battery, 24kgs with 17AH battery, good for about 60 miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: ninja

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
There are few things to mention about Hemiway.

I didn't go into my purchase lightly, as from research I knew that the warranty is quite questionable. People making a warranty claim often gets passed round and round in circles, and the postage costs that they charge for parts, seemingly works out more expensive than the parts could be purchased elsewhere privately with postage included.

Reviews on YouTube are very biased, as the company seem to throw the bikes to almost anyone, and the company also apparently has a tendency to remove negative remarks from their fb page.

In respect of the Zebra, I think that the UK version is different from the US version, in that it doesn't have the front four integrated lugs for a front rack.

The bikes are also shipped from Poland, not from the UK, which from memory is not stated by them

I also saw yesterday that an owner received a new bike that had a cracked motor casing.

I am pushed for time right this second, but shall write more tomorrow including my reasoning for my own purchase.

Before heading off though, one important consideration is that the tyre width will certainly make the bike difficult or impossible to fit to a standard cycle rack.

You need to think long and hard about buying one, and the Woosh shown above is a far safer and better purchase from an end user perspective, especially given their warranty cover and customer support.

Last edited:
Reactions: ninja and Woosh

Nigel01

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2016
I am a heavy person who purchased a Whoosh gran camino. I had a lot of broken spokes (which whoosh happily repaired) I then purchased A Himiway cruiser for the same price with 4 inch tyres. I have no problems at all now. A fantastic bike with all the extras including a hat! A whoosh is brilliant if you are under 20 stone, if not get a Himiway. I have no complaints about whoosh as they are a brilliant company.

Nigel01

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2016
In the few months I have owned the Himiway I have done 1100 miles with no problems and minimal tyre wear. My daughter is also loving her Whoosh Gran camino she had off me. We are all happy....