Hopper SE - Bargain?

Scott clarke

Pedelecer
May 5, 2015
I found that ok, but the sensor wire is faulty.....( unless I need to do something other than add the throttle...?? )
Must be the wire that is at fault as all you need to do is plug in the throttle. Nothing else is needed. Did it plug in ok? Is the throttle faulty?

Reactions: Gedge

Gedge

Pedelecer
Jul 19, 2015
Yes it all connected fine, the throttle was checked and found to be working ok ( although I have ordered another one so may try that when it arrives) ..my brother found a dry joint which he soldered but there is still a fault on the sensor wire...I suppose eventually I will have to get another controller if she really wants a throttle.....

pjtives

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 24, 2015
View attachment 12162
This is what your looking for hanging off the controller the. Throttle plugs in to this.
Hi Scott, I am toying with fitting a thumb throttle to mine, does any type fit/work, Can you explain how I would use it - ie does it override the LED thingie in respect of low - med - high, is it completely smooth in operation or is the power delivery stepped. I am hoping to get my wife - who hasn't ridden in years - to use the Shopper and so want to make it easy for her. Oh and where did you get yours from ? Thanks

Scott clarke

Pedelecer
May 5, 2015
Hi Scott, I am toying with fitting a thumb throttle to mine, does any type fit/work, Can you explain how I would use it - ie does it override the LED thingie in respect of low - med - high, is it completely smooth in operation or is the power delivery stepped. I am hoping to get my wife - who hasn't ridden in years - to use the Shopper and so want to make it easy for her. Oh and where did you get yours from ? Thanks
Hi the throttle I have is the motorcycle type ( looks like one but isn't off a motorbike) rather than the thumb type. I had to extend the length of cable and re attach the plug but it just plug right in with no problems at all. As you turn the throttle you pull away as you would on a motorbike and this over rides the settings on your L.E.D and you get full speed at full throttle. If you start to peddle and roll the throttle off this then sets you back to what ever setting you had on your L.E.D. And you can just peddle away. I got mine from Amazon in the end and aslong as it is the plug in type you should be ok. Just check your electrics under your battery cover to make sure it's the same as mine in my pictures and you should be ready to plug and play.

Reactions: pjtives

pjtives

Mar 24, 2015
Thanks for that Scott and Kuorider, unfortunately Panda want £12 to send it to Spain, will have to look elsewhere.

pjtives

Mar 24, 2015
Hi the throttle I have is the motorcycle type ( looks like one but isn't off a motorbike) rather than the .................
Scott I ordered a thumb because I wanted to fit on the left side because of the gearchange and twist type would not (in my mind ) work the right way about. Now I see you have the SE which has the 6 speed - so how did you fit it all - can you post a photo please.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Be careful not to pick the bike up using the handle on the back of the frog style battery....its very temting to do so and even looks like that was intended but it puts load on the bracket where it attaches to the seat post and is often cracked at this point.
KudosDave

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Thanks for that Scott and Kuorider, unfortunately Panda want £12 to send it to Spain, will have to look elsewhere.
I have a thumb throttle you can have for postage fees.

pjtives

Mar 24, 2015
Be careful not to pick the bike up using the handle on the back of the frog style battery............
Oooops something I am doing all the time - forewarned and all that , thanks.

Cabo

Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2012
Belfast
Good luck with your purchase.
My hopper is over three years old and still going well.
If they still come with the Kenda tyres, which gave me a lot of punctures, and get them off and replace with Big Apples - have not had a puncture since.
Still manage about half power with original 12v 8.5amp battery.
A year after i bought the bike, sent off to BMS for 24v 20amp battery to give me a longer range. Fits straight on to original battery controller with no mods needed.