Horrible welcome

Condor

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 14, 2014
I've just had a horrible welcome to the world of pedelecs.After much deliberation I plumped for an Eco Expedition ( has any one got one? ) , after only a fortnight the vermin came up from the sewer and mutilated it.I had the Eco Expedition locked to an iron-post with a u-lock and a mountain-bike locked to to the Eco Expedition by means of two cable locks.Thank God for the u-lock as it saved the day.They snipped through the two cable locks like a hot knife through butter,then proceded to crowbar the u-lock off ,in the process twisting the forks, ripping the seat and bending the spokes.But despite everything the bike is still ridable ,even if a bit mangled!I advise everyone not to use Cable-locks.The mountain bike was stolen. Condor.

4bound

Pedelecer
May 1, 2014
Neston
www.facebook.com
What a horrible thing to happen Condor. When you say cable lock this covers a multitude of very different cables - from those you could cut with pliers to some very substantial ones that would need some very powerful bolt cutters. Depends on material used and dimensions of course - what were yours like? It would be interesting to know how long had you left the bikes and in what type of area.

Reactions: Wicky

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
Really sorry to hear. My local bike shop unbent my wheel via spoke adjustment, and fit new parts for me for a song a while back. Might be worth trying yours. Interesting to hear the u-lock held up - I think i'll use mine from now on.

Condor

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 14, 2014
Thanks for your sympathy 4bound and jonathan75.The area where the bikes were locked was ,outside the British Legion Cleveleys Lancs. Quite a nice area,I thought!The cable-locks were just the standard ones with the useless metal casings over eighth of an inch cable.I'd left the bikes for just a quarter of an hour.Don' t use cable-locks, please.

Tubamanandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
I live in Thornton about 2 miles from there - I too thought we lived in a decent area