How about this as base for kit?

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I need to get some bikes with smaller wheelbase for new camper. as with rear door rack, length of wispers means wheels obstruct lights:mad: I know I know this is doing my head in.....As we love our bikes

it took ages to find a rack with a decent payload (50kg) and now this! I have the rack and its booked in for next week fitting. Originally getting tow bar and rack but that would mean rear doors not being able to open, not being able to get to gas locker and storage, plus obstructing parking sensors etc etc.... :(

So looking for one bike to fit either a Wisper or Ezee kit on, or maybe something cheaper.....Then I will probably get a folder or Bosch based bike as well

something like this? is it suitable? as I am not tech minded and dont want to buy a lemon:confused:

GT TRANSEO 1.0 DISK HYBRID SIZE BIKE (18") FRAME on eBay (end time 06-May-11 22:18:44 BST)

anyone looking for a hardly used 705 SE?

Last edited:

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Eddieo, this post seems all over the place to me ... have you been down the pub? (I haven't ...maybe thats the problem! )... I wish I could help but I have no idea what the problem is? .... Is it help choosing a bike? a tow bar? a rack? a kit? help selling a 705 SE? a cuddly toy? ....

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
lol Yes I guess so....was just attempting to give some background as to why I need to change bikes

the question is: in attached link are there any glaring reasons why a kit wont fit this bike?

(mind you, the clue was in the title lol)

Last edited:

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
There are so many kits and so many on this forum who have fitted them. Seems to me the answer has to be no! ... i.e. yes you should be able to get a kit for this bike .... which kit? ...well... there are so many things to consider! Hang on ... I think I can hear the cavalry coming! ...

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
There are so many kits and so many on this forum who have fitted them. Seems to me the answer has to be no! ... i.e. yes you should be able to get a kit for this bike .... which kit? ...well... there are so many things to consider! Hang on ... I think I can hear the cavalry coming! ...
I will stick withn the main players Ezee and Wisper I think as I need decent support. Saying that the 8 fun kit that Frank recommended to someone, if that had the bottle battery I would consider it.....

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Edd, what about a secondary lighting board. Put the bikes on the rack and then attach a lighting board to them with straps. All you would need is a lighting socket to plug the board into.

Cheers
Bob

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Edd, what about a secondary lighting board. Put the bikes on the rack and then attach a lighting board to them with straps. All you would need is a lighting socket to plug the board into.

Cheers
Bob
Ask and ye shall receive! Brill Idea Bob! gets me out of trouble

What did you think of bike in link? as still need leaner bikes at the end of the day.....

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
what is the weight of these Frank please?

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Knowing how much you love your Wisper Eddie, how about a 'hang on' type rack like this, Thule Hang-On 9708 - Thule - Thule Bike Racks - Rack Bike Tow-bar would that solve your problem? Thule also do a 'light-board' if your camper light are obscured.
Alternatively, there are these specifically for campers.

Failing that, any bike of your choice with an eZee kit;)
I do like them they are an excellent bike and new SEL even nicer! BUT! your not listening John! lol I have already explained why I went for a door mounted rack...

what does an ezee kit weigh? I am thinking about 7-8 kg so if I can get a bike around 12 kg ...I would like to keep under 20kg. what size is the black battery you are going to use please?

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi

TIP

On these bikes we now fit rear motors only we chew the ends of the front suspension forks also unless you lock out the suspension when you brake the front DIP rather badly

Ezee can supply one for the rear

These Bikes are Bulletproof in the past we fitted 17 kilos lead acid battery's 3 years later no broken frames

Frank

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi Just weighed the rear wheel with no Tyre and inner tube you don't need that 2kilos as this is on new motor

Frank

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Frank, 16 kg + a kit? pointless...heavier then what I have, thanks anyway......

Bike 12 kg max

son just bought a Chris boardman road bike..nearly crippled me! 8 kg though (carbon bits)

C

Cyclezee

I do like them they are an excellent bike and new SEL even nicer! BUT! your not listening John! lol I have already explained why I went for a door mounted rack...

what does an ezee kit weigh? I am thinking about 7-8 kg so if I can get a bike around 12 kg ...I would like to keep under 20kg. what size is the black battery you are going to use please?
OK Eddie,

Call me thick Eddie;), but could you post a picture of your rear end.........the camper that is, it would help to see the problem and aid coming to a possible solution for you.

The weight of an eZee kit is dependant on which battery is required, but I will list the main components and their weights.
  • Motor, front or rear 3.5 Kg
  • Batteries, 37v 10Ah LiPo 3.2 Kg, 37v 14Ah 3.8 Kg., LiFePO4 37V 9Ah 3.9 Kg.
  • Controller, throttle, battery meter, pedelec sensor, wiring. Approx. 1Kg.
Therefore an eZee kit would weight 7.7 to 8.4 Kg.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Thanks John........I will post some picks when rack fitted next Friday. But out of immediate trouble with Bob (Blew its) suggestion of a trailer lighting board....

That GT in link is a bit small I need a medium really...shame as nice bike, 12kg and about £400'ish on ebay (£800 retail)

Keep your eye out for a bargain for me!lol

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
I cannot BELIEVE you are parting with your wispers...........
Lynda