How do you transport your bike/s?

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
In the not too distant future we hope to have 2 electric bikes.

They are obviously a lot heavier than our road bikes even with their batteries removed.

I would just like to know how other forum members transport their bikes from place to place when they are not riding them.

Steve

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I am going to buy one of these when I get a tow bar fitted to new camper.

"THULE EuroPower Electric Bike Towball Cycle Carrier 916"

EDIT: just saw your link to "Viking" good price about £100 cheaper then Thule but shipping on top and looks a poor quality in comparison but might be good enough...they dont seem to publish the weight capacity though

Last edited:

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
I dont see a problem putting them on the roof provided you keep to a sensible speed ..i.e 50 mph ... but I think its better to put them on a rear cycle rack and even better to put them in the vehicle! .. but it will need to be a big vehicle!

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
In the not too distant future we hope to have 2 electric bikes.

They are obviously a lot heavier than our road bikes even with their batteries removed.

I would just like to know how other forum members transport their bikes from place to place when they are not riding them.

Steve
Mine folds in half and I carry it up 2 flights of stairs in one hand :p

A census officer stopped me once for a chat and noticed i was holding the bike and said, god you must be strong. :cool:

And one time, a little girl saw me holding it and said "what the hell?! you broke your bike in half! how did you do that?" :D

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Wilma folds in half and fits nicely in the back of the Jeep with hubby's Goped and the 3 dogs :D can't use a tow bar doowhacky as we usually have the caravan attached and a thule roof box is used so the roof is out even if i could get the darling up to that height!!!