How long have you had your bike for?

MaxDaddy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 28, 2016
I just bought a Coyote Connect cheap ebike from Halfrauds for £500. I've got a bit of buyers remorse now because I doubt there are any spares available for it.

So my questions are, how long would you expect a battery like this to last, how long might the motor last (as there are no spares) and how long have you had your ebike (make and model please!)?

I am doing 15 miles a day which just about uses all of the battery (24V 9Ah).

I wasn't going to get an expensive ebike for my first one, but I am converted to electricity after just 2 days! I can't believe how good they are compared to a normal bike.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeighPing

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
The motor will last for as long as you look after it - keep out water for example. The battery maybe a couple of years if you are charging from empty every day.

So don't worry about spares. You will be able to replace everything on your bike with parts from elsewhere.

D

Deleted member 4366

I've got a bit of buyers remorse now because I doubt there are any spares available for it.
On the contrary, everything is available very cheaply from Aliexpress. Bikes like that are modular and they use standard Chinese ectrical parts. You can mix and match anything on it even if you can't get something exactly the same. All the parts are presently available on Aliexpress a lot cheaper than what you'll get them for from Halfords. If spare parts was your worry, you couldn't have bought a better bike.

The non-electric parts are standard bicycle parts that you can buy from anywhere, including Ebay.

MaxDaddy

Sep 28, 2016
The motor will last for as long as you look after it - keep out water for example.
How waterproof are they? I will need to be riding it in any weather to get to work. I won't be riding through flood water but British weather dictates that there will be heavy rain. The motor, battery and speed controller are all exposed.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Very few issues with riding in rain, some people have had fogged displays but no significant reports so far.
I have done over 3000 miles on my bikes and no water based issues so far.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
How waterproof are they? I will need to be riding it in any weather to get to work. I won't be riding through flood water but British weather dictates that there will be heavy rain. The motor, battery and speed controller are all exposed.
If you are worried about heavy rain getting into the battery then maybe look at a small rucksack waterproof cover to put over it, or even strap a carrier bag over it on the wet days.

JimRides

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2016
Liverpool
D
I just bought a Coyote Connect cheap ebike from Halfrauds for £500. I've got a bit of buyers remorse now because I doubt there are any spares available for it.

So my questions are, how long would you expect a battery like this to last, how long might the motor last (as there are no spares) and how long have you had your ebike (make and model please!)?

I am doing 15 miles a day which just about uses all of the battery (24V 9Ah).

I wasn't going to get an expensive ebike for my first one, but I am converted to electricity after just 2 days! I can't believe how good they are compared to a normal bike.
Exact same bike as mine, even the colour! I've been really enjoying mine so far, hope you have as much fun as me :)

Btw, I got over 20 miles out of one charge on Saturday, albeit mostly on the flat on the lowest assist setting - the battery isn't really done until the last light on the handlebar display starts flashing.

MaxDaddy

Sep 28, 2016
D

Exact same bike as mine, even the colour! I've been really enjoying mine so far, hope you have as much fun as me :)

Btw, I got over 20 miles out of one charge on Saturday, albeit mostly on the flat on the lowest assist setting - the battery isn't really done until the last light on the handlebar display starts flashing.
I did 20 miles today no problem, all on high power with some very steep hills. The annoying thing is when you get to 20% it could run out at any time. Switching the power off is like trying to cycle with an anchor hanging off the back. 20 miles on a normal bike I would be dead! This bike I barely break a sweat :D I cant help but laugh and my own smugness when I overtake Mr Lycra going up a hill.

Tomorrow I will just bike until the battery runs out and see how far I get.

By the way is your motor quite loud? I just uploaded a video I took earlier.
[

Sent from mTalk

Last edited:
Reactions: JimRides
D

Deleted member 4366

Very few issues with riding in rain, some people have had fogged displays but no significant reports so far.
I have done over 3000 miles on my bikes and no water based issues so far.
Are you sure? I thought you had a code 30.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Yip a code 30 but it was dry guv, no rain inside the garage or wet runs for many days before. not a wet related fault as far as I could see.
And a bust BH race with Panasonic drive but that was a 4*4 that broke it even though it was wet that night.

JimRides

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2016
Liverpool
I did 20 miles today no problem, all on high power with some very steep hills. The annoying thing is when you get to 20% it could run out at any time. Switching the power off is like trying to cycle with an anchor hanging off the back. 20 miles on a normal bike I would be dead! This bike I barely break a sweat :D I cant help but laugh and my own smugness when I overtake Mr Lycra going up a hill.

Tomorrow I will just bike until the battery runs out and see how far I get.

By the way is your motor quite loud? I just uploaded a video I took earlier.
[

Sent from mTalk
Yeah, the motor on mine sounds like an old blender!

MaxDaddy

Sep 28, 2016
Yip a code 30 but it was dry guv, no rain inside the garage or wet runs for many days before. not a wet related fault as far as I could see.
And a bust BH race with Panasonic drive but that was a 4*4 that broke it even though it was wet that night.
what's a code 30?

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Code 30 on a BBS display is communications between display and controller are corrupt. So one of these is bust or cabling between is faulty. But no physical damage or rain has happened to the unit since it was last working.