How luck are we in the UK?

AlMel

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2013
Essonne, France
Just for info: the new French government has rescinded the requirement to carry a testing kit. I didn’t quite understand the reason; probably because it was instituted by the previous government.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Yes, I've previously highlighted this long existing ban on e-bikes in New York. The determination to enforce the ban will have an ill effect on Nycewheels, who are one of Americas oldest and largest e-bike dealers, since they are in New York!

Mention is made of the much higher speed than normal bikes being a city ban reason, and that comes about due to their higher national limits of 700 watts and 20 mph and even higher limits like 1000 watts and 30 mph in some states. Cause for reflection from those here who want our 250 watt and 15 mph limits raised, it could be a poisoned chalice.
Well then we will need to pass the chalice on the left hand side because it has to burn.:p But I do agree with you on a serious note.

Mountainsport.

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
Just for info: the new French government has rescinded the requirement to carry a testing kit. I didn’t quite understand the reason; probably because it was instituted by the previous government.
Lol. Governments are the same the world over it seems. The sheer inconsistency of them and the shifting sands are half the reason it's hard to take laws seriously sometimes.

The first thing power mongers seem to want to do is undo what the person before did. Just in case we don't notice there have been any changes. The civil service runs the country in Britain - I think the politicians just get to join in with messing a few things up for good measure.

hech

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2011
argyll
This is why NYC have cracked down on ebikes (and soon all cycles).

Lots of delivery riders uses ebikes in NYC. Those that used them responsibly never appeared on the radar. The irresponsible made themselves a target.
I loved this video, these guys have more talent than anything we saw in last years Olympics (not that I watched any of it). I dunno if its supposed to be an artform in itself or just two dingbats out stealing wing mirrors but either way there is already a law against it. The authorities are just getting frustrated because of their difficulty apprehending them(dingbats). But that is their (the authorities) problem and we should not allow them(politicians) to dictate new restrictions on our (good people's) freedom, but instead spend a little more on more imaginative policing or rely on the commuters sense of natural justice next time the boys(d'bats) actually hit someone.