Votes: 2 3.3%

Votes: 3 4.9%

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 10+

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
C

Cyclezee

I stopped counting when my electric bike count went over 40, that was before I went into business:eek:

I didn't own them all at the same time you understand, it's not really an obsession doctor:rolleyes:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It increasingly looks like three bikes is the most popular option.

Could this be the precursor of "family packs" of bikes being sold at advantageous prices, or Buy one, Get one half-price offers?

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Yes ten here for a household of four living in Cambridge. Five are mine (one being sold and on the way out), three are wrecks dying in the shed and my wife and daughters ride the other three. Of these, two of mine and one of daughters have assistance.

Oh and all mine are 20" wheeled or less :p

Jerry

10mph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2010
England
Looking at the Stats after 35 votes, I find:
25% of the voters own 52% of the bikes, leaving less than half the total number of bikes to be shared out amongst the 75% majority who have 4 or fewer bikes.

Now I wonder what statistical distribution that is? Isn't it the same sort of shape as the wealth in this country.

I speak as a modest two bike owner: one E, one pedal only.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Looking at the Stats after 35 votes, I find:
25% of the voters own 52% of the bikes, leaving less than half the total number of bikes to be shared out amongst the 75% majority who have 4 or fewer bikes.

Now I wonder what statistical distribution that is? Isn't it the same sort of shape as the wealth in this country.
Though after buying those bikes, the retained wealth pattern could be the inverse!

catsnapper

Pedelecer
Schwinn based e-BMX - Local runabout, good for getting through busy traffic and parking in small spaces.

Thorn Voyager e-tandem - Lazyish riding for two.

Thorn Raven Twin tandem - Non-lazy riding for two.

On-One Poacher - Classic design steel lugged fixie

On-One Pompino 2-spd auto - Bomb proof ultimate steel urban bike, with fit and forget gears.

On-One Inbred Swopout - Versatile on or offroad bike. Testbed for wheels.

Ragley Cragg Vale Roadie - Aluminium framed tough road bike.

Custom Dahon Uno - Sometimes fixed, sometimes 2 spd auto, portable, fast, fun bike.

I don't really need so many, but we have quite a lot of visitors that like to ride:)

Alan

danfoto

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 2, 2010
Sarfeast England
His 'n' hers Kalkhoff Agattus - everyday transport and trailer-towing

His 'n' hers Thorn Sherpas - nowadays used only when the weather's good and we just fancy a ride round on a Proper Bike

Christiania cargo trike - used for heavy/big loads and for shopping when roads are too icy for two wheels

laroche

Pedelecer
Apr 16, 2012
I feel a song coming on.....

Twelve projects pending
Eleven wheels a-wobbling
Ten frames a-rusting
Nine kits a-coming
Eight batteries dying
Seven sensors striking
Six bikes not working
Five ebay buys
Four Pro-Connects
Three Haibikes
Two Whisper Sports
And my dream e-bike still eludes me

My humble answer is a measly one - but it's very clean!

Cheers!

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
if it wasn't for the ticking time bomb of battery life I would have more.....But happy with 2 very different bikes.

ReaperCushions

Just Joined
May 9, 2012
A Trek mountain bike for cross country and an ageing Peugeot town and trail bike for everything else. Hopefully adding an ebike to the collection soon.