How unique are the keys

Cisco-man

Pedelecer
Sep 27, 2023
Hi all. I think I know what the answer will be, but I’ll ask anyway!

I’ve bought a Yose 36v 15.4Ah down-tube battery pack. It comes with a lock and keys to stop it being easily removed from the bike. My question is, how unique are these keys? Does everyone with a Yose battery pack have the same numbered key, or is there some variation?

Thanks in anticipation.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi all. I think I know what the answer will be, but I’ll ask anyway!

I’ve bought a Yose 36v 15.4Ah down-tube battery pack. It comes with a lock and keys to stop it being easily removed from the bike. My question is, how unique are these keys? Does everyone with a Yose battery pack have the same numbered key, or is there some variation?

Thanks in anticipation.
They're all different. It's nothing to worry about. if somebody wanted to nick your battery, they'd just kick it off, though I've never heard of that happening, nor anybody getting their battery nicked,

Reactions: Cisco-man

Cisco-man

Pedelecer
Sep 27, 2023
You've put my mind at ease. Yes, I can see that it would be easy to brute it off, but I should be ok to leave it during lunch at the pub. I live in rural Devon so don’t feel too at risk.

thanks all.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Jiggler keys would likely quite easily open these locks but one would think you are pretty safe for a pub lunch/pint or three in the country side.

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
It’s probably easier to steal the whole bike than just the battery.

• :D
Reactions: Nealh