I love my new e bike!

real_ale

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 20, 2010
I tried a few bikes and bought an entry level Izip Aspen from a local dealer although they are web based they have a factory shop about 3 miles from me - Winstanleys bikes. They have been great, they let me trial the bike and have just done a free 6 week service and have always returned phone calls etc.

I have done more cycling over the last 6 weeks than for years and have loved it. My wife bought me some glasses which have 3 lenses as a present, I understand the clear and tinted lenses but does anyone know what the amber coloured lenses are for? its a mystery to me!

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
amber for night driving (my dad had some years ago...very silly:))

onmebike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2010
West Essex
Amber lenses are usually described as night driving lenses because they reduce the glare of headlights and street lights. Having never tried them I can't say how effective they are. Glad your enjoying your new bike.

frothycoffee

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 20, 2010
I am glad to hear you love your bike, they are brilliant arn't they.

I have had my bike for about the same time and like you I have done more miles on my electric bike in the last few weeks than I did in 10 years on my standard bike.

I had my old bike stolen out of the shed. So that gave my the perfect reason to replace it, So the theives did me a favour really. (My new one lives in the house though. I'm not taking any chances with this baby)

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
I tried a few bikes and bought an entry level Izip Aspen from a local dealer although they are web based they have a factory shop about 3 miles from me - Winstanleys bikes. They have been great, they let me trial the bike and have just done a free 6 week service and have always returned phone calls etc.

I have done more cycling over the last 6 weeks than for years and have loved it. My wife bought me some glasses which have 3 lenses as a present, I understand the clear and tinted lenses but does anyone know what the amber coloured lenses are for? its a mystery to me!
Glad to hear you're enjoying your Izip Aspen, I've assembled and test ridden a couple of these excellent entry level bikes. The front forks are a bit iffy, but do the job reasonably well. The bracket mounted motor with three levels of assist is quiet and powerful.

Don't forget, if you want to do a longer ride, it's already set up for a second battery to be fitted, when battery one runs out, flick the switch on the carrier to battery two, and off you go again.

The importers, Moore Large, are a well established company, so you will always be assured of support should it be needed.

As for the amber shades, well, it's all a matter of style m'dear.

Happy e-biking
Bob

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.
I thought amber lenses were for low contrast situations as they provide better contrast, well mine do anyway.

Try them on foggy or overcast dull days, they really do work!