I Love my Torq

Charlie

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2007
I thought I'd post this, as would be E-Bikers browsing this site, may be put off by the very valid problem posts that tend to be here.

Ezee Torq, 7 months old, 1100 miles, and no known problems so far.
Li-ion battery seems to be holding up fairly well. Unrestricted speed seems to have dropped very slightly from its new performance, and I now occasionally see the red light come on while going up a steepish hill, but the green returns as soon as the throttle is closed. No cut-outs as yet.

I'm very pleased with my choice and it still brings a smile to my face when I open the throttle.

Charlie.

aroncox

Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2006
I love mine too (when it's working). It's so great to be able to get to work every day quicker and more conveniently than on public transport.

I am amazed that taking the bus and tube takes between 1 hour and 1 1/2 hours, but cycling takes 45 minutes! It's great.

Even when it's raining I prefer it to any other method of getting to work. The Torq is wonderful (when it's working, and on derestricted), quiet, fast, and easy to use.

If like you I hadn't had any problems (and to be fair most of the problems I've had have been fairly small) and the battery had lasted longer (that is a bit disappointing) I would have unreservedly recommended the Torq as a commuter's bike. Now I would say, be a little wary, read up on batteries and think about your type of travel (i.e How far, hills, how often etc.).

JamesC

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2007
Peterborough, UK
Enjoying the Torq

I thought I'd post this, as would be E-Bikers browsing this site, may be put off by the very valid problem posts that tend to be here.

Li-ion battery seems to be holding up fairly well. Unrestricted speed seems to have dropped very slightly from its new performance, and I now occasionally see the red light come on while going up a steepish hill, but the green returns as soon as the throttle is closed. No cut-outs as yet.

I'm very pleased with my choice and it still brings a smile to my face when I open the throttle.

Charlie.
Charlie
My experience has been very similar, but I must add a big thank you for the part played by the contributors to this forum.

As an engineer, I get just as much pleasure from trying out a change on the bike as I do from riding it. The Torq uses many standard components that are well known to cycling enthusiasts, enabling tweaks to be done to match the bike better to the rider and the terrain.

For those that enjoy trying changes to their steed, the depth of knowledge that is provided so willingly on this forum provides that added dimension.

Thanks to everyone concerned.

Torq owner - 10 months

James:)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, the problems when they occur are very real, but it's good to balance those with the fact that the majority of the time for the majority of owners, riding their e-bikes is great fun.

It's a problem with forums like this that by their nature they are bound to be like the media, good news being no news, the problems getting the headlines.

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London

Charlie.
Yes there are lots of us out there who love riding our Torqs. However the one issue we have mostly been talking about is the longevity of the li-ion battery. You may think that 1100 in 7 months is a high mileage but for me that is 55 working days or just 11 weeks use. You have noticed a change in the way your battery is performing - more red lights on hills - this is just the start. The constant cutting out on inclines is more than annoying - to lose power just when you need it eg pulling away from traffic feels dangerous.

As 50cycle say you are one the 2000 customers satisfied with their li-ion battery and this only confirms my belief that they are fine for light users (especially for use on flat terrain). However they are not suitable for heavy use commuters and those people should be warned before purchase.

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
I have said on many occasions how much I love my Torq and that is still true.
I've made modifications to optimise it for my riding style but none of those were essential, it's just in my nature to experiment and modify. As Flecc has said "No news is good news" so mostly we only hear of things going wrong, most users happily going on their trouble free way having never heard of this forum.

I'm sticking to NiMh batteries though.

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
Nigel

I also feel the same as everyone i luv my torq its the best i do wonder if ezee can better it its perfect for me i luv the sports look but next time it will be a nickel m h battery as the lithium does cut out under load:D

Charlie

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2007
What made me post this was I was explaining the bike to an old friend, and I made the statement that it was one of the best things I've ever bought. For the amount of pleasure it brings, and the ability to go anywhere, I think it has to be my best buy.
When going out with friends cycling, I take a normal bike, but once I've had enough and just want to get home (especially after the lunch-time pub stop), I always wish I was back on the Torq.

Charlie.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thinks. If you took the Torq on some of those rides and let one of the others ride it back, once they'd all had a go and become converts, you could go out as a squadron of Torqs in future. :)