I need to buy a new bike.....

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
.....mines still with 50 Cycles, I've no other means of transport and I don't walk too good.

It's got to be a dealer close to home, this means SYEBC...18 miles from me.

I've only got £1200, and that's a struggle, so it's between a Wisper 905SE and an Oxygen S-Cross CB

I think that the Oxygen is the coolest e bike I've ever seen, but which is best ?

....your views appreciated.....Mike

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
I've never asked them that and they've never offered.
I keep hoping, every day they're 'gonna return it, but never happens.

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
My bike was with them for two months having a new motor and i wasn`t happy,i sold the bike so i don`t have to deal with them anymore.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Two months jeez....so I've still a month to go.
...better get another bike....but which one ?

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
I'm sorry but why aren't you in there demanding a loan bike or a replacement. Couldn't see a car dealer treating you like this for a car under warranty so why should a so called top ebike dealer. If I sold their bikes with the known problem I'd always keep a few motors as spares.

I see 50 cycles are now selling Giant and Scott ebikes. Seems they've realised Kalkhoff will destroy their business model if it's not sorted soon.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I think that the Oxygen is the coolest e bike I've ever seen, but which is best ?
I think you've answered your own question.

Both are decent bikes for the money, both companies have a good reputation for after-sales service.

Looks to me as if the Wisper is the slightly better quality bike, although there's probably little in it.

The rack battery on the Wisper - particularly as you would need the bigger capacity one - might swing it further towards the Oxygen.

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
I'm sorry but why aren't you in there demanding a loan bike or a replacement
If I were closer I probably would but being almost 100 miles away and not having any transport makes things very difficult.

Stu33

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
mike i want one of those oxygen bikes now too, looks very cool! i had a wisper 905 for 2yrs, its cool, fast,great up hills