I'm back, again!

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
I see most of the same old names are still here and manufacturer/dealer involvement on this forum is still good.

A bit of background, I sold my last eBike over three years ago. I had never been someone who required an eBike, I just thought they were great fun.

I sold the bike to get myself back to a normal bike and increase my fitness. That goal was largely achieved. So much so that a 18 months ago I set myself the goal of riding Land's End to John O'Groats. The original plan was to go summer of 2016, but fate had other ideas. I tore a knee ligament (my third) in May of that year while training. Then in November 16 I tore a ligament in the other knee (4th). By March this year it became clear that my knees were not strong enough for 100+ mile rides.

In fact my daily ride to work, a 10 mile round trip, gives me some knee pain still.

In September I will be moving from pancake flat South Manchester to edge of the Pennines North Manchester.

My commute will got from 10 mile round trip with 160 feet of climbing to a 15 mile round trip with 1000 feet of climbing.

This will likely be more than my poor knees can handles so I'm thinking of an eBike again...

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
Thanks flecc. I have enjoyed my last few years of manual riding, mainly recumbents with a little mountain biking but with knee ligaments as strong as elastic bands I think it's time to accept those days are behind me.