I'm back!

Marchant

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2010
Bath, UK
What happened was...(in the voice of Jethro)...was that 5 years ago I was made redundant from a job which necessitated a 9 mile each way commute. My next and current job is a mere 2 miles each way so I reverted to my road bike. However, importantly and foolishly, I neglected to charge the battery of my Oxygen eMate and consequently, it died.
It has taken this long and certain circumstances in my life to get around to putting Marchant (yes, my username is actually my bike's name) back on the road, so with a great deal of spit and polish (Marchant was covered in dust, dry leaves and cobwebs) and the help and advice of the excellent Jimmy at ebikebatteries.co.uk, the great day finally arrived yesterday! Either the new battery has acted as a tonic for old Marchant or I had forgotten how good she actually was, or possibly both. Whatever, it's marvelous to have her back, and I am ready to rack up some miles.
I can't remember if I mentioned it before (it would have been a long time ago) but Marchant has pedigree; she was the very machine which came 2nd in the 2014 Bristol Park Street ebike race. She is an excellent piece of kit!
Anyway, it's nice to be back.

Reactions: flecc

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Marchant has pedigree; she was the very machine which came 2nd in the 2014 Bristol Park Street ebike race. She is an excellent piece of kit!
I remember it well. I've got videos somewere. The best thing was the fall-out on the forum afterwards, when bad looser Colin from KTM and others tried to accuse Oxygen of cheating by using a derestricted bike, but I know they didn't cheat because they asked me to double check it after the organisers said that they would check and disqualify any cheaters. The thread went on for ages as all the desktop experts waded in with their false anayses of the sound, speeds and everything else, which was really funny for me because I had personally checked the bike immediately before the race.

That was the year my bike crashed out in the open class race when the back wheel decided to overtake the front one.

Reactions: Marchant

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome
my user name is also one of my bikes model names its just easier .

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
What happened was...(in the voice of Jethro)...was that 5 years ago I was made redundant from a job which necessitated a 9 mile each way commute. My next and current job is a mere 2 miles each way so I reverted to my road bike. However, importantly and foolishly, I neglected to charge the battery of my Oxygen eMate and consequently, it died.
It has taken this long and certain circumstances in my life to get around to putting Marchant (yes, my username is actually my bike's name) back on the road, so with a great deal of spit and polish (Marchant was covered in dust, dry leaves and cobwebs) and the help and advice of the excellent Jimmy at ebikebatteries.co.uk, the great day finally arrived yesterday! Either the new battery has acted as a tonic for old Marchant or I had forgotten how good she actually was, or possibly both. Whatever, it's marvelous to have her back, and I am ready to rack up some miles.
I can't remember if I mentioned it before (it would have been a long time ago) but Marchant has pedigree; she was the very machine which came 2nd in the 2014 Bristol Park Street ebike race. She is an excellent piece of kit!
Welcome back!
Great name "Marchant".... Had the same one for the last 63 years;)

Marchant

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2010
Bath, UK
Welcome back!
Great name "Marchant".... Had the same one for the last 63 years;)
Good to make your acquaintance! My name derives from the books of Robert Rankin, specifically his Brentford Trilogies, in which John Omally has a bicycle which is quasi-magical and has a half-life of its own. As a lifelong cyclist of 'normal' bikes, this just puts me in mind of ebikes.