I'm going to save the Ogre!

save_the_ogre

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 30, 2016
Getting the forks cut to size and test fitted revealed that the center pull brakes just compresses the front suspension so I've ordered some v brakes. The bloke in the pic has been really helpful and given loads of good advice (including that the bike is a worthless piece of...)

Attachments

D

Deleted member 4366

I don't want to rain on your parade, but I can tell you that your brakes won't be able to deal with the speed and the weight of that kit. I don't understand why you didn't get disc brake forks so that you could have fitted a hydraulic disc brake to the front. It's not too late to change them. I hope you didn't get the front wheel motor!

Also, the top gear on the gearset supplied with the motor is much too low. You'll see what I mean as soon as you start to pedal. You'll need to change the front chainwheel to at least 52T.

Last edited by a moderator:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Or that you have ordered at least a hydraulic V-brake for the front.

save_the_ogre

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 30, 2016
I don't want to rain on your parade, but I can tell you that your brakes won't be able to deal with the speed and the weight of that kit. I don't understand why you didn't get disc brake forks so that you could have fitted a hydraulic disc brake to the front. It's not too late to change them. I hope you didn't get the front wheel motor!

Also, the top gear on the gearset supplied with the motor is much too low. You'll see what I mean as soon as you start to pedal. You'll need to change the front chainwheel to at least 52T.
That's cool i appreciate the advice! There's not much i can do about the brakes right away as the frame and new front forks have now been stripped of parts in preparation for sand blasting and powder coat or respray in the original colour. Sounds like i could fit a more appropriate front gear though. I'll ask about that one you mentioned and see if i can order one.

Attachments